• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Trans Digital Parallel Interface PCMCIA Card - Driver software anymone?

Martin Hepperle

Experienced Member
Hi,

I obtained a PCMCIA card with a parallel port for my HP 100LX palmtop. Unfortunately the card came without software and it requires an enabler program which tells the PCMCIA controller that it is there and to define the I/O addresses it uses.

The "Trans Digital" company does not exist anymore, their former web site www.transdigital.net is defunct. I found a copy on the wayback machine, but unfortunately they had no driver software on their site.

So: Does someone have the software disk for the Trans Digital PCMCIA Universal Parallel Port Card ("Trans PC Card" and could create a ZIP archive with its files?

Thank you,
Martin

Unfortunately my card does not show a working A: drive in my HP 100LX.
If I insert the card into a Windows XP laptop with a PCMCIA slot the card is recognized and configured as LPT3.
So I assume that the hardware is working properly.

Either this virtual A: drive feature was omitted in this relatively new (date on the accompanying leaflet: 2002) card or the data was lost.
If I try to access the A: drive in the HP 100LX I receive the infamous "Abort Retry Ignore?" prompt.
I understand that the A: drive was implemented as an EEPROM drive which may have been erased or damaged, if it was ever present on this card.

The leaflet says that a program named "UPP.COM" from the (missing) disk is needed to activate the parallel port under DOS.
It does not mention the virtual A: disk, maybe this feature was omitted in later versions.

If someone could copy the software from the virtual A: drive (earlier versions of the card) or from the disk (later versions) I could try whether my card works with it. Maybe the UPP.COM program is identical to the CIC.COM supplied on the virtual A: drive.

Martin

Are you running CIC.COM on the 100LX? It should be part of the 100LX romdrive...

Hi,
as far a I understand the CIC.COM program supplied with the 100LX is for modem cards and knows nothing about this parallel card. So CIC.COM != CIC.COM.
Martin

Hi,

I obtained a PCMCIA card with a parallel port for my HP 100LX palmtop. Unfortunately the card came without software and it requires an enabler program which tells the PCMCIA controller that it is there and to define the I/O addresses it uses.

The "Trans Digital" company does not exist anymore, their former web site www.transdigital.net is defunct. I found a copy on the wayback machine, but unfortunately they had no driver software on their site.

So: Does someone have the software disk for the Trans Digital PCMCIA Universal Parallel Port Card ("Trans PC Card" and could create a ZIP archive with its files?

Thank you,
Martin
Hi

Maybe do you have this parallel PCMCIA trans digital card for sale?

Last edited:
Unlikely, but ... finally this ends my waiting in front of my computer for a reply - I grew really hungry over time.

Unfortunately I do not have this card anymore - I gave it away, as I was not able to find drivers for it.

Martin

Unlikely, but ... finally this ends my waiting in front of my computer for a reply - I grew really hungry over time.

Unfortunately I do not have this card anymore - I gave it away, as I was not able to find drivers for it.

Martin
Thank you for your response
I've been looking for a card like this for a long time and can't find it anywhere

Back