• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS-80 diagnostic/ICE card

David,
I thought I also replied and asked to have my name added to the list. I can't locate that posting.
Please add me to the list.

Larry

Please add me to the list, though honestly, I'll have to do some studying to learn how to use it.

The boards have arrived and work as intended, however there is a small issue with the silk screen I didn't foresee. When using boxed headers the the header description is covered.
It's annoying and I'll update the silkscreen if i do another run but no so big a problem that I'm inclined to run them again for that reason alone.
20180628.jpg

The boards will be $10.

I've checked the postage cost to both the US and the UK (same price)
If you want it sent regular airmail the postage is $3.50 or $16.50 if you want it sent registered airmail.

Postal estimates are 6 days to the US and 8 days to the UK.

I had a new version of the boards run which corrects the silk screen issue. I have them in hand ready to ship, anyone that is still wants one please PM me.

20180706_104057.jpg

For those who are interested or have already ordered a board from me. Here is a link to the latest version of the Arduino code.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y0C-DS4oTwp-Ijdf6OAoq0-NNrJEy_XE

I've added some new features and quite a few bug fixes to the original code. I believe the refresh timing bug in the original code has been fixed, however my model one has a fault which prevents me properly testing it.
It seems addresses in the range ?000h-?7FFh refresh fine but ?800h-?FFFh addresses lose coherency after a few seconds. The problem also occurs when not using the exerciser and the cpu is active as normal. I'm pretty certain the problem is caused by the 48k memory mod that is fitted. So if some of you guys that ordered aboard could test the refresh ability of the exerciser I'd greatly appreciate it.

Having just acquired a Model I, I'm very intrigued by this and trying to catch up.

Based on what I'm reading, this is an Arduino shield that you connect to a Model I and it'll display diagnostic information on the Model I's display?

-Kevin

Having just acquired a Model I, I'm very intrigued by this and trying to catch up.

Based on what I'm reading, this is an Arduino shield that you connect to a Model I and it'll display diagnostic information on the Model I's display?

-Kevin

Yes it is a shield for a Mega2560 that connects to a model 1 expansion port or any Z80 based computer via the CPU socket.
It allows you to read/write to memory and IO ports, you can fill blocks of memory with a specific value, checksum a block of memory, dump the contents of memory and also test a block of memory.
There are some tests specific to a TRS-80, checksum and identify the ROMS, a keyboard test, a display memory test and a display memory test for machines fitted with a lower case mod.

Results are displayed and commands are issued via the Arduino's serial port on the host computer.

Back