• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS-80 Model 4 upgrades

bettablue

Veteran Member
I’m sorry if this is a duplicate thread, but I truly need a replacement 360K double sided floppy disk drive for my TRS-80 Model 4. This particular computer is under the process of being upgraded with twin 360K double sided floppy disk, and a memory expansion which will give the computer double sided floppy drives giving the machine double the floppy diskette storage, and system memory from 64K RAM to 128K RAM.

Eventually I’ll replace the B&W monitor with an amber display. That’s when the computer will be complete with all of the upgrades finished. The computer will then sport dual 360K diskette drives, 128K of RAM, and finally the amber display, making the machine more unique.

So, does anyone have a full height double sided 360K FLOPPY DISK DRIVE I can use? The floppy drive must be one with the lock pressed down rather than turn a lever, in order to lock, and clamp the floppy diskette in place.

Thanks much.

Chiao

Thomas

The full-height Tandon drives from an IBM PC or XT will work fine in it -- although you'll have to live with the IBM logo on the faceplace.

Back