• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

California TRS-80 Model II systems: $100 each

Covers: California

daverand

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
I have two Model II systems, with expansion interfaces, that need a new home. They were dropped off by a friend many years ago. I have boxes full of software for them as well, but I know the disks are not in great shape.

Drop me a PM if you are interested, and I'll get some pictures.

Yes, I mean the external, up-to-3 8" single-sided drive box. I have no idea why I typed expansion interface (probably because I'm looking at the stack of model I gear that is spoken for).
Each has at least one drive in it, and I think I have one that has two.

For the external drives, I have one with 3 drives installed , and one with 2 drives. As I can, I'll inventory the cards in the model II's.

You're asking a very low price, so I don't think you need to go through them to sell them. The price is not the issue.
The only issue is finding someone interested in them locally to you or willing to make the trip.

Yeah, well... a couple of people have wanted me to turn them on, and such. I'm unwilling to do that until they have been inspected for the obvious, and because I'm somewhat disabled, that takes me time. I want these to go to a good home, and I figure that if I can do some more work, it will help the next person.

I'd probably be interested if I had room for one, but my collection (fairly modest by some people's standards, I'm sure) is already getting the point where I'm thinking I need to prune a few things, and a Model II plus a drive box is truly an elephant.

(If they were Model I's or IIIs for the price I wouldn't be able to resist.)

I'm among the naïve who asked to turn them on. :) It is good that two machines are available so that rare parts could be swapped between them during the restoration.

Here go. Looks like one has a full complement of boards :)

Attachments

• IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2716.JPG
    IMG_2716.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2715.JPG
    IMG_2715.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2714.JPG
    IMG_2714.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2713.JPG
    IMG_2713.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2712.JPG
    IMG_2712.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2711.JPG
    IMG_2711.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Because I worded it poorly, the price is $100 per box. Expansion drives? $100. Model II? $100. Both? $200.

That one with the full cage is a Model II upgraded to a Model 16! That machine has in order from left to right: First gen MC68000 CPU board, 68000 128K Ram, 68000 128K Ram, video/keyboard, 64K Z80 Ram, Type II HDA, FDC, Z80 CPU.

Thank you Pete. I had planned to go through the boards when I could. I think that one has the 26-4106 graphics board, but I haven't pulled it to check yet.

No worries. You can have a look at the stack of disks as well. There is a couple of totes worth...

Ross picked up one system and the larger expansion drive. I still have the fully loaded Model II with Model 16 upgrade, and the two drive expansion drive available.

And the Model II with the Model 16 upgrade is gone - to a great home. The designer of the FDC and CPU cards just came by to pick it up!

I still have a 2 drive expansion box available.

And the Model II with the Model 16 upgrade is gone - to a great home. The designer of the FDC and CPU cards just came by to pick it up!

I still have a 2 drive expansion box available.
Hi Dave,

I'm interested in the 2 drive expansion box - how much for the box? I'm located in San Jose.

Thx!
-Ven

Back