• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS-Pic - A Google Images viewer for your TRS-80

pski

Staff member
TRS-Pic. Coming soon for your MISE equipped TRS-80 Model I or your M3SE equipped TRS-80 Model III or 4.

Supports both 128x48 standard TRS-80 resolution or 640x240 hi-resolution with an optional Hi-Res graphics card.

Cool. BTW, easy to auto-detect the hires board if you want to make a single executable. I've got code that can determine Tandy/Grafyx/Grafyx Clone.

What's the architecture? I'm guessing the Z-80 asks the MISE to make a TCP/IP connection to a AWS instance that talks to Google Images and does the image conversion? Or does the Z-80 do TCP/IP itself?

Cool. BTW, easy to auto-detect the hires board if you want to make a single executable. I've got code that can determine Tandy/Grafyx/Grafyx Clone.

Yes, it's pretty simple to check but I wanted to give the hires owner a chance to see the lowres images too so they could appreciate their investment. I could also add a switch that allows the user to toggle lo/hi res in the app itself.

btw, this is built using zmac! :)

What's the architecture? I'm guessing the Z-80 asks the MISE to make a TCP/IP connection to a AWS instance that talks to Google Images and does the image conversion?

Correct

I'll probably add serial port support too for use with a serial-IP converter.

Yes, it's pretty simple to check but I wanted to give the hires owner a chance to see the lowres images too so they could appreciate their investment. I could also add a switch that allows the user to toggle lo/hi res in the app itself.

That's reasonable. Might be an idea to have the hires version print a warning if no hires found. And, conversely, the lores version could mention that hires is an option. Though given the user base there may not be much point to rounding off the edges.

btw, this is built using zmac! :)

Nice! All the best software is :)

Very cool! Tried it and it works well. Now to find a high-res board for my model 4.

Great fun! lol

pski%2004.jpg

My 4P screen is a little narrow, don't you think?

Mike

I like it. Makes me 10lbs lighter!

Seriously though, is your display squishing the video or is trs-pic squishing the image?

The picture? Really? I'd say it's more the shave, the haircut, and ditching the hat. :D

My 4P has a tall, narrow picture (after adjustment). As soon as I can get a clear spot on my work table, I'll start a thread about it.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled TRS-Pic thread.

Mike

Back