• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tube Tester

ribbets

Experienced Member
Sylvania tube tester Model 219
got no way of testing it but it passed the smoke test when I plug it in,several different scrolls for it and I can E-mail you some photos.
make me an offer..
To a good home only!!! I bought this back in the 70's used
Manufacure date of 1951. It's a year older than I am
Still in the its plywood box

Last edited:
I miss going to the super market with my paper bag full of tubes to test. That was fun, finding the right holes to put em in, reading the operating instructions, all that stuff. I would take old tvs apart and use the high voltage part to make small "Jacob's ladders" and make light bulbs glow blue by putting foil on top on them. My mom was always freaking out about all the "zap zap smoke curling into the air" from my room.

Sigh, oh well, not enough to have a massive tube tester sitting in my super small bedroom. It would be funny "What's in the world is THAT?" They would ask upon entering my room. A WHAT tester? What's a tube, anyway? Does it check your tire pressure too? :rolleyes:

It's only about 24"x24"x7" and in a nice wooden box. and about 25 lbs
Just looking for the shipping charge....

Last edited:
hey - ya NEVER know when ya get a tube item.

I have a BK Dynajet tube tester, because I have a Dynaco 70 tube amp, and a pas3 preamp.

You still can't beat the warmth and mellowness of tube-driven sound.

You als can;t beat the grunge and crunch of overdriven tube amps for guitar!

Tony

Interested

Interested

I am interested in your tube tester. I sent you a PM. Let me know if you still have your Sylvania 219.

Back