• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Turbo C 2.0 professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Years ago as they came out I bought every version of Turbo C beginning with 1.0 and going through to BC 3.1.

I've been going through them putting together the various packages in zip files to put on a CD for safekeeping. However, all the floppies are kind of mixed together.

My main concern (but not my only one) is Turbo C 2.0 professional. The professional version came with the assembler and the debugger and maybe the profiler. But I'm having a hard time figuring out which version of each.

My first assumption was TC 2 and TASM 2 and TF 2 and TD 2 but I quickly realized the thelp program that came with TC 2 won't work with the help files that came with the others and I know that wasn't originally the case. So, matching up dates I think I've figured out that TC 2 came with TASM 1.1 and TD 1. And probably didn't have a profiler.

But the help file doesn't work that way either. I'm pretty sure I remember that TC 2's help program worked with all the help files. Or maybe that was a later version than 2.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone remembers just what version of TASM and TF and TD came with Turbo C 2.0 professional. Also if anyone remembers what other versions matched up with what. Although TC 2 is my primary interest.

Also, does anyone remember which version of TC first came with the debugger and profiler and assembler?

Barry

nodoubt73

turbo c 2.0 package

turbo c 2.0 package

You touch me in the heart :eek:
Turbo C 2.0 was one THE 1st language sw I bought myself many years
ago.
I still own it, w/ original manuals :D

See here:
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/borc.htm scroll down to
turbo c 2.0 and click "version information" to see deatils.

IT seems the package was like this:
TASM v1.0
TD v1.5

Nikodem

Is it possible to obtain Borland Turbo C 2.x Pro anywhere now? It is kinda abandonware but I really need it (especially the Turbo Debuggers disassembler) to tinker a bit in an embedded 486 machine...

Trixter

Veteran Member
Necroposting is less of a concern when you're dealing with vintage machines -- many of us have been waiting 30 years for some answers ;-)

What is not acceptable, however, is not performing simple prior research. Nikodem, doing a google search turns up the info that Turbo C has been a legal download for many years with the download link easily found. Please do some rudimentary searching next time.

fs5500

Experienced Member
Wow, that's very cool.
Buy the way, do you have Turbo C++ 3.0 with 5.25" 2HD version? (02-18-1992, 03:00)?
My disk 1 has lost.

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
Necroposting is less of a concern when you're dealing with vintage machines -- many of us have been waiting 30 years for some answers ;-)

What is not acceptable, however, is not performing simple prior research. Nikodem, doing a google search turns up the info that Turbo C has been a legal download for many years with the download link easily found. Please do some rudimentary searching next time.

"Necroposting" is a bad thing. The people you are replying to are statistically likely to be long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.