• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Unixware 1.1

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Wanted to stroll down memory lane, and found my Novell/Univel UnixWare 1.1 CD from WAAAAY back when. However, no boot install floppies.

Anyone got the install/boot disks for UnixWare 1.1? I'd appreciate disk images if anyone has them.

T

They didn't put boot floppy images on the CD? I thought that was pretty much standard. You could use either 'dd' on Unix or 'rawrite' on MS-DOS/Windows to create your boot media.

buried

buried

Are you sure they're not buried in a sub-folder on the CD somewhere ? The early NT(not that NT is *nix) versions used to have tools to make the boot disks on the CD, but they tended to be a bit buried.
patscc

I agree with the Shark. Images were not on the early versions. Most of the SCO installs I have were not even available on CD. Tape or 5.25" floppy was it for several years.

Wanted to stroll down memory lane, and found my Novell/Univel UnixWare 1.1 CD from WAAAAY back when. However, no boot install floppies.

Anyone got the install/boot disks for UnixWare 1.1? I'd appreciate disk images if anyone has them.

T

You can grab the UnixWare 1.1 boot floppy from here:

ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/UW11/boot1.tar

Having said that, is there any possibility to borrow, buy or otherwise get an ISO copy of your Unixware 1.1 CD-ROM? I've been searching for such a rare treasure for a LONG LONG time.

T

Can you help with UnixWare 1.1 CD-ROM ISO?

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think I have it any more.
If I do, no idea where it would be at present.

Works been tremendously busy (haven't been home 2 straight weeks since like December 2010!)

i have all installation diskettes + iso image ux1.1 german version on iso-s.

Back