• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF Midwest new location and room blocks (Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center and Marriott Hotel in Schaumburg, IL)

Bill-kun

Veteran Member
https://vcfmw.org/hotel.html said:
VCF Midwest 19 will be held at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, IL.

Rooms at the attached Marriott hotel are $179/night (fancy suites are $219). Our block covers Thursday through Sunday nights (9/5-9/8) and can be booked with this link.

NOTE: The dates of the show are SEPTEMBER 7-8.

Room block was immediately filled, then extended and immediately filled again. I'm not complaining about that; I'm just creating a thread for communication that this is happening and so that I and others can hopefully get rooms reserved. And general constructive discussion about VCFMW 19/2024, of course.

I'm really looking forward to this. :love:

Addendum: relevant tweet.

Last edited:
I finally called and made my room reservations at the Renaissance Marriott Schaumburg outside of the room block for the dates that I want. According to the directions from the VCFMW convention committee via the hotel booking survey linked above, I will need to call the hotel back and have my reservation moved into the room block once the room block is expanded.

According to the person at the room block office, there is also going to be a supplemental room block opened at the hotel across the street, but that has not been opened yet. I didn't catch which hotel name, but assuming they meant one of the other two hotels owned by Marriott, "across the street" is actually across the freeway, but walkable via the sidewalk on N. Meacham Road that bridges over I-90.

1710971551257.png1710971847657.png

Prior to the festival, this year's tourism for me will include the remaining 75% of the Museum of Science and Industry, and the Field Museum! No wonder I didn't get through all of the Museum of Science and Industry last year: it's the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere!

I'm driving out so I needed to lock-in my room early and holy CRAP the rush to book was insane.
The Waterford was consistently crammed but I have a feeling this year is big. That's a lot of computers, nerds and alcohol that will be under one roof.

Back