• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF West Video Audio Question

carangil

Experienced Member
I tried watching some of the VCF West videos, but the audio, can't stand it. I'm just curious what happened?

I noticed on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj4f8AVWciw the first few seconds are clear, there's just some background noise. After that, the rest sounds like a garbled cell phone. Is this some attempt at removing the background noise? I would rather just listen to the guy talk over some background chatter than try to listen through some terrible noise reduction filter.

I'm not sure what happened, if anything, in post but when I took the video I had a stereo mic on top of the camera at the back of the space. The audio would/should have been acceptable but not ideal.

I also had a small recorder closer to the podium but it didn't sound any better so I went with the synced video/audio when I passed it on for post.

I'll see if anything can be done...

We'll try to do better next year. :)

Thanks for the info. The audio over the PA system was nice and clear so I figured the recording would either be done directly off the mixer board, or at worst an attenuated microphone right by one of the loudspeakers. I know this stuff can be hard, thanks for your efforts. I while back I did a sync up from a slr video and a separate stereo audio recorder, and the timing drift was bad, it took me all day to get a 30 minute video sync'ed up.

we had a feed that I could have fed directly into the camera from the soundboard too. At the time it was not considered necessary.

I like this forum about VCF west video audio question.I don't have any question for now. If in future I have any question I definitely ask here. I am impressed to visit here and got an interesting information. Thanks for sharing this information.

Wow, this is so much clearer! I guess our brains are still better background noise filters than computers. Thanks!

Back