• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Computer and Electronic Recycling Center

korgathbladefist

Hi my name is Gabriel and I work at an E-waste recycling center in Napa, California in the United States, I always come across vintage computers working and not working from as early as the late 1970's and up until now, I have sold a couple TRS-80s on ebay and a bunch of Symantec hardware and some software. Needless to say i find stuff all the time and if anybody is looking for stuff in particular I can keep my eye open for stuff. I have some stuff on ebay right now. Seller name is Korgathbladefist

One of the members here is in the Napa area.

Welcome to the forums! Any "out-of-the-ordinary" finds you've came across? It's very interesting to see what people from different areas can find. I'm just trying to get rid of some things right the moment, but you'll probably get more interest if you post descriptions of things that come through your facility and see if any of us are interested. We might want something and not even know it. :) (Like your Winnie the Pooh record payer.)

Enjoy!

I looked at the ebay listings he has up. There are a handful, the IBM PS looks interesting but the prices are a bit steep for non-working. I wish you well (and I hope you get some more interesting hardware up, since what you have is pretty interesting).

I looked at the ebay listings he has up. There are a handful, the IBM PS looks interesting but the prices are a bit steep for non-working. I wish you well (and I hope you get some more interesting hardware up, since what you have is pretty interesting).

I'm curious about how you found the listing. I've just been trying for 10 minutes and eBay doesn't give any results for either "Korgathbladefist" or "IBM PS", as you suggest. Anyway, if the OP can't be bothered to post a link, then I can't be bothered to spend any more time on it. Sorry Gabriel, but it would be great if you were a little more forthcoming so dimwits like me don't waste their time. :)

I'm curious about how you found the listing. I've just been trying for 10 minutes and eBay doesn't give any results for either "Korgathbladefist" or "IBM PS", as you suggest. Anyway, if the OP can't be bothered to post a link, then I can't be bothered to spend any more time on it. Sorry Gabriel, but it would be great if you were a little more forthcoming so dimwits like me don't waste their time. :)

Sorry I dont know how to search by user I havent really tried that before, just search for disney sound covox and you should be able to find me, Im the only person with one of those on ebay, I dont have that much stuff on ebay right now because my house would be cluttered with junk, but I am going to look on my day off today and see If I can find anything.

I lowered my prices for you guys a bit if your interested, i would rather this stuff go to people who enjoy tinkering and collecting, I only had some of the prices a lil higher cause idiots on ebay will pay it lol...

Just got around to seeing this, and I'm curious to know if you're working for the Transfer Center south of town or the place on Jackson St. I've been to the place south of town and everyone there is Nazi's, don't even look at the ewaste stuff.

I am the person in (near) Napa that DOSLiveson mentioned, although I'm in Yountville now.

Just got around to seeing this, and I'm curious to know if you're working for the Transfer Center south of town or the place on Jackson St. I've been to the place south of town and everyone there is Nazi's, don't even look at the ewaste stuff.

I am the person in (near) Napa that DOSLiveson mentioned, although I'm in Yountville now.

I work at the recycling center near the transfer station, but people arent supposed to take e-waste. I work there so its different. Ive found a lot of great stuff for myself, working hdtvs, nintendos, genesis, etc....

You have been looking for a long time!
Looks like a very hard system to find.
Just by curiosity, there's any special reason?

Yup. I was part of the development team. I came close to finding one in Australia, but missed it by a couple of months. I already have a couple of the earlier F-85s.

The other iron I worked on is pretty much long gone, so the Durango products are pretty special to me. The rest of the vintage stuff to me is useful junk, mostly--there's no personal attachment.

Ah, if only I could get the guy at the recycling depot to cooperate with me. The guy's a grade A jerk.

Yup. I was part of the development team. I came close to finding one in Australia, but missed it by a couple of months. I already have a couple of the earlier F-85s.

The other iron I worked on is pretty much long gone, so the Durango products are pretty special to me. The rest of the vintage stuff to me is useful junk, mostly--there's no personal attachment.

That's a very good and sad history. I will add the keyword Durango to my daily search, it's unlikely, but if anything shows up, I will let you know.
Looks like you are a guy full of good histories Chuck!

Well, you might still see one down your way--we had a very active dealer in Argentina. I don't recall if we had a dealer in Brazil or not.

Most of the Poppies got trashed because people couldn't find boot media for them and internal documentation was scarce. The odd thing was that the compiler I wrote for the earlier F85 and ported to the Poppy was still in use, according to reports, in Australia up until last year--running on Xenix, but not on a Poppy. We depolyed the software in 1979, so that's pretty amazing.

Software longa, Hardware brevis, it seems.

Im a kid who lives in Napa and I was wondering if you hand out any vintage computers for free, as I like them but dont want to spend a bunch of money on them. Thanks!

Back