• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

vintage-new-5-25-floppy-disks-apple-ii-iie-iic-games-old-apple-disks, Melbourne, OZ.

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Not mine, but saw on Gumtree, Melbourne Australia.

Hope it helps someone here.

Seller says he also has some of his Grandpas hardware for sale

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mel...e-ii-iie-iic-games-old-apple-disks/1146436805

Seller's description
Date Listed:
29/04/2017
Last Edited:
29/04/2017
Condition:
New
Recently found while clearing out grandparents storage

CAN EXPRESS POST FOR FREE WITH TRACKING IF BUYING 5+ disks

Mixed lot of NEW OLD STOCK 5.25" 2D2D (double sided double density FLOPPY DISKS)

Only really selling the floppy disks / whats on them will be left as is & too good to format anyway but will leave it upto new owner as these will work on other vintage computers like early IBM XT ; commodore; amiga; atari etc

These were sealed & only removed for testing

Mixed lot of titles selling $10 per disk

Will send a mixture of games if you need anything particular happy to search

Most have been tested & 100% working

Some labels have come unstuck

Clearing out grandads apple collection so check the other apple hardware

I might be wrong, but I am 99.9999% sure the floppies in that ad are fake...

$_20[1].JPG

See how they all conveniently use the same size label, in the same position with the same iffy-looking white border, lacking copyright info. My jpeg-o-meter went into overdrive!

A quick Google shows none of the pictured titles having floppies that look like that.

I suspect someone has discovered ADT Pro and bought a label printer.

The ad for the //c also sounds iffy and the price is not great. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sou...screen-apple-2c-software-old-apple/1146171988

Makes it ironic when he signs off the ad with "GENUINE BUYERS ONLY" - along with the story about his Grandfather, which is the ultimate getout clause for lying in a listing... "but my grampa said..!"

Last edited:
Some labels have come unstuck
As all "modern" labels do.

Nothing wrong with selling crufty copies as long you only expect to get the price of the media itself. At 10$ a disk, however, this guy is trying to rip people off.

I'm with the 'attempted ripoff" crowd. You could sell the blank media for maybe $1 a disk--or attach a fake label without making any representations and ask for $10.

Back