• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

British Columbia Wanted: 9-Track Tape "Sleeves"

British Columbia

cchhrriiss11

Experienced Member
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for about 15 "sleeves" for 9-track tapes, here's a photo of what I'm looking for:

1667864510113.png

Anyone have some they want to sell or get rid of?

-Chris

I've been looking for intact tape seals (what they're called) for years. Most of the really old ones have cracked or broken. For customers, I eventually went to 800' 16mm "plastic" film cans, which are still being produced. Even harder are the IBM versions made for autoloading drives.

I've been looking for intact tape seals (what they're called) for years. Most of the really old ones have cracked or broken. For customers, I eventually went to 800' 16mm "plastic" film cans, which are still being produced. Even harder are the IBM versions made for autoloading drives.
Thanks -- I had guessed that they were called "sleeves" but seals makes more sense. Didn't realize they were so hard to find... I'll check-out the film cans too.

Got mine from Larry Urbanski https://urbanskifilm.com/supplies.html, but there are other sellers; doubtless Canadian ones. Just one of those happy coincidences--an 800' reel of 16mm film is 10.5", same as a regular-sized reel of half-inch tape.

It's been a couple of years, but I wrote to every outfit that still sold blank 1/2" tape asking about them. The outfits that still had them said that they would only be furnished if I bought the tape also. Really odd--there must have been millions of the things made.

Back