• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted Commodore Pet 4032 901447-29 graphic keyboard rom chip

jess74

As the title says,wanted 901447-29 graphic keyboard rom chip.
I am using a 901447-4 chip at the moment,the keyboard mapping is wrong of course with this chip.
Please let me know if you have one.

Please describe the type of PET a little better.
A -29 Editor ROM is for a Screen editor for BASIC 4, normal keyboard, no CRTC (40 columns) while
a -4 Editor ROM is for a Screen editor for BASIC 4, business keyboard, CRTC, 80 columns, 50 Hz.

So do you a system with no CRT Controller (6545) and a 9" monitor? Or do you have a 12" monitor?

9" monitor and BASIC 4, normal keyboard, no CRTC (40 columns)
Commodore Pet 4032-N

9" monitor and BASIC 4, normal keyboard, no CRTC (40 columns)
Commodore Pet 4032-N

Send me you mailing address by private message on this forum and I will send you 2716 programmed with the 901447-29 2K image. It will directly replace the 6316 ROM. I will send gratis providing you love and protect your PET!

My post count isn't high enough for pm,and yes love my resorted Pet.

I got an error, so the powers that be will not let you receive private post yet. You might apply to the administrator stating that you are not a spammer and requesting permission for private posts. They can check your posts and verify that you are OK.

Hi Dave,thank you for your'e kind gesture,but I have found one locally.My lives again,after many hours of socket and chip replacement,long story.....

This pet also came with extra eproms,socket ud4 toolkit and pascal on a rom switcher board and socket ud3 commando on separate eprom.Not sure if they are working,or what commands these roms use?.
Also two joystick ports either side,with a ribbon cable that goes to no where?
Also a speaker on a circuit board that looks like an amplifier connected to the big capacitor?
Any help with the above would be appreciated.

This pet also came with extra eproms,socket ud4 toolkit and pascal on a rom switcher board and socket ud3 commando on separate eprom.Not sure if they are working,or what commands these roms use?.

I don't know about the Pascal, but Toolkit and Commando only work with BASIC2. But somewhere along the line your PET was upgraded to BASIC 4. For BASIC 4 look into plugging in the BATPRO Utility in ROMs slots UD3 ($9000) and UD4 ($A000). See BATPRO.zip for manual and ROM images.

Also a speaker on a circuit board that looks like an amplifier connected to the big capacitor?
Any help with the above would be appreciated.

The amplifier input probably plugs in the CB2 output of the VIA. It will also need a source of power. Are there any labeled jumpers?

Back