• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Southwest Wanted: copper socket 478 heatsink/fan

Covers: Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico

oblivion

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Does anyone have a nice copper (or copper core) heatsink/fan suitable for a hotter running socket 478 CPU?

I have an old HP MicroATX P4 board with a copper heatsink. If you take the board, you can have the cooler with it.

It uses a blower to pull through the heatsink instead of a fan. I can post a pic if you want.

I have an old HP MicroATX P4 board with a copper heatsink. If you take the board, you can have the cooler with it.

It uses a blower to pull through the heatsink instead of a fan. I can post a pic if you want.
Sure, I might be intrested if it will work on a diffrent board. Id be intrested in a pic. Thanks for the reply

About a year ago, I bought an X-wind Ultra for my 3GHz Socket 478 board. No complaints--although it's big--takes a 90 mm fan. The Zalmans were tempting also.

I have the original Intel OEM copper-core heatsink, but the fan is kerfuffled. You can have it for shipping.

About a year ago, I bought an X-wind Ultra for my 3GHz Socket 478 board. No complaints--although it's big--takes a 90 mm fan. The Zalmans were tempting also.

I have the original Intel OEM copper-core heatsink, but the fan is kerfuffled. You can have it for shipping.

I have a fan I can pop off an all-aluminum intel heatsink so that should be sufficient for my 3.2GHz Northwood...I think.

Here's pics of what I have.

I'm unsure if the motherboard works or not, I'll have to test it. But it has a P4 3.0 and I can toss some RAM in if you want.

The heatsink bracket needs the mounting hardware. It's an HP motherboard that used the case as the mounts, which is why it doesn't have them. I've used hardware store bolts and nuts before to mount those brackets, you just have to use plastic washers to avoid scratching the PCB.

Here's pics of what I have.

I'm unsure if the motherboard works or not, I'll have to test it. But it has a P4 3.0 and I can toss some RAM in if you want.

The heatsink bracket needs the mounting hardware. It's an HP motherboard that used the case as the mounts, which is why it doesn't have them. I've used hardware store bolts and nuts before to mount those brackets, you just have to use plastic washers to avoid scratching the PCB.
I'll have to pass, I appreciate the pics but I don't really need the board, I'm also just looking for an easy experience, I just don't want to deal with potential mounting issues.

Back