• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Daisy Wheel or Dot-Matrix Printer

Vercus

Experienced Member
I'm looking for some kind of impact printer, whether a Daisy Wheel, or even something like an IBM Proprinter (or similar). Something that can be hooked up to either the Parallel or Serial Port of a Windows XP era computer. Sometimes I just want to blast a sheet or two of text out and don't want to wait for the color laser to warm up. Plus, it's kinda cool having something retro.

Anyone have one?

I'm located in northeast Pennsylvania.

Thanks,
Jon

I've got an Olivetti Daisywheel (with the AT&T logo) that was used with the 6300, if that's of any interest. I don't recall much about it, other than it does have at least a parallel interface.

Chuck(G),
Unfortunately I fear shipping on that Olivetti might be cost prohibitive. I'm guessing it weighs a lot?

Stone,
What would you be looking to get for your Panasonic?

-Jon

I'm not really specifically looking for wide carriage, but certainly don't mind, as I can always adjust it down to standard paper, right?

Absolutely... you probably don't need to do anything other than load standard paper. It accepts paper from 4" to 15.5" wide.

It comes with the manual.

If you're gonna be near Philly anytime soon you can even save on shipping it. It weighs nearly 35 pounds. :smile:

Back