• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: DTK Turbo XT clone PC case

juj

Hey all,

this might be quite a long shot, but I guess it won't hurt to try.

I am trying to find somewhere to buy this exact model of a turbo XT clone PC case, apparently manufactured by Datatech (DTK):

dtk_80286.JPG

hopefully in good condition. A 5.25" to 3.5" bay adapter would be a plus and PSU with a case and the on/off switch would be nice. PSU does not need to work. No need for drives, or other PC parts inside (although if someone would want to sell a full package only, willing to negotiate)

My understanding is that this case was quite a common clone PC case in the day, hopefully there might be some floating around.

I am located in Finland, so likely would be an international shipping exercise.

Does it need to be nicely yellowed? 🤓

You will probably have better luck finding an entire computer rather than just the case.

Very common case back in those days. Most manufacturers just slapped their cheap stickers on them. One I gave to a friend a couple of years back after restoring it back to a clean bill of health.

Attachments

• 286_12MHz_2019.JPG
    286_12MHz_2019.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 27
Hey, thanks for posting, and especially making an account to let me know TelvideoTS803.

I do have a lead that I am pursuing locally, hopefully that will work out, that would avoid a heavy shipping operation also.

Heres one thats similar but has the XT style venting, but otherwise identical, and seems complete. Could always sell the guts to make up some of the cost, if not just pay for shipping. Ill guess theres a 386sx in there. Looks like 4mb ram. Also, a western digital controller , so RLL or MFM drive, which appears to be a segate. An ide cable thats going somewhere? Guessing that drive was pulled at some point. See a monochrome or perhaps CGA on that serial card. Gameport as well. Upside dont see any corrosion or rust, so a huge bonus.

Last edited:
Update: got one, so no longer looking. Thanks to everyone for considering.

Back