• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England Wanted: EGA Card

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

thegenerallee86

Experienced Member
I would like to find an EGA CGA MDA VGA Combo card that outputs EGA through the DB9 Pin EGA because the one I have seems to only put it out the VGA Port not the DB9pin like it should. Please and Thank You. I am looking for 2 of them one for my IBM 5150 and another for my IBM 5160XT.

Found 1 card ORCHID-D VGA
MONO- CGA- VGA- EGA.
Tested VGA and MONO OK. Don`t have CGA or EGA monitors.
Second card GENOA, CGA-EGA- MONO. Only mono tested.
If you interested , send PM

All of the OAK technologies OTI037 cards I've had have supported this. They are a 16 bit card but there is a jumper to make it work (even in VGA mode) on an 8-bit bus. Depending on jumper settings, it can be MDA, CGA, EGA, or VGA. I don't remember whether or not it supports Hercules graphics in MDA mode. They are very common and fairly inexpensive.

Hi,

I have a Male DB9 to Female DB9 cable ... 2 meters long (a few inches more than 6 feet) ... I'm guessing it's an EGA cable since it doesn't work as an RS-232 cable ... I tried, the PIN connections are way off for RS-232.

The PIN out is:
Female to Male
2 to 2
3 to 1
5 to 9

Since I doubt I'd ever use it, if somebody needs it ... $15 includes shipping in the USA.

Unless it's for some oddball monitor, don't think it's EGA. Normal EGA cables are 1:1 "straight through".

Hi,

Well I guess that was a bad guess for the cable. The guy selling it online said it was an RS-232 cable ... I didn't test it right away so I've lost the chance to complain on eBay after the cable just sat here for a year or more.

Now I wonder what the cable is supposed to work with ???

Back