• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Wanted - Gateway 2000 ColorBook Parts

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

itsvince725

Experienced Member
I recently acquired a Gateway 2000 ColorBook (486DX2-50) model in rather nice condition but with no hard drive or weird proprietary 19V charger. I'm hoping someone out there has these parts so I can use this laptop because it's in really good shape!

PXL_20220625_193703271.jpgPXL_20220625_193728889.jpgPXL_20220625_193741389.jpg

I would suggest, before you invest too much into it, figure out where the bios backup battery is located and check on it. Alot of this era of machines are dead due to them leaking.

As for the power connector, looks the same as my early pentium to p4 dell power connectors. Not sure if the pinout is the same though. They are 20V not 19V, but that shouldnt matter much really.

1656191719661.png

I would suggest, before you invest too much into it, figure out where the bios backup battery is located and check on it. Alot of this era of machines are dead due to them leaking.

As for the power connector, looks the same as my early pentium to p4 dell power connectors. Not sure if the pinout is the same though. They are 20V not 19V, but that shouldnt matter much really.

View attachment 1242873
Thanks for the tip about the BIOS battery. As for the connector, it's ALMOST the same but it's keyed just different enough that one of those connectors won't fit. I tried.

Back