• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: IBM PC/XT 1.44mb 3.5" Floppy Drive

STorrence

I'm currently looking for a working 1.44mb 3.5" floppy drive for an IBM 5150/5160 (PC/XT). Can be full height or half height, doesn't matter.

Where are you located. It is often the case that it is not even worth paying for shipping on these. If you're anywhere near Wantage, NJ you can stop by and take 3.

I thought in the other thread you'd said, "I have plenty of these drives around;" what have you got plenty of and what exactly are you looking for (colour, power/data/mounting adapters, etc.)?

Well I have plenty of 1.44" drives in the 3.5" form factor. I'm looking for one that will fit in the HH or FH 5.25" bay of an IBM PC, or a mounting bracket to adapt it.

I'm located in Lubbock, TX.

Got those too. Someone closer will have something. The offer above goes for anyone that needs the drives and can come get them. The adapters are a little harder to find. I'd want $5 each for those. I have 4 or 5 spare adapters. I have 20 or so spare drives. Have about 30 IDE drives around 1GB or less to if anyone needs these.

Got those too. Someone closer will have something. The offer above goes for anyone that needs the drives and can come get them. The adapters are a little harder to find. I'd want $5 each for those. I have 4 or 5 spare adapters. I have 20 or so spare drives. Have about 30 IDE drives around 1GB or less to if anyone needs these.

I'd be willing to offer you cost of shipping plus $5 for a working drive and one adapter. How's that sound?

Check your PMs. I have it all together, but I don't have the power adapter. Still interested?

Back