• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: ISA CGA card

justanotherhacker

Experienced Member
Hi everyone

I am building (very enjoyably!) the PC-Retro kit that reproduces the original IBM PC motherboard. I would really like a CGA graphics card to go in it. Ideally the huge original IBM kind but I will consider others - I don't know this subject very well. I know there are some VGA cards that would also work and be easier to plug into a modern monitor, but original-style CGA would be my first choice. I can see some on eBay US but thought I'd ask here first. I am in London, UK so would prefer one in the UK if possible.

Let me know if you're interested in selling one of these to me.

Thanks very much!

I've got this one:

attachment.php

P4250260b.jpg

This looks more like an ISA Ethernet card. If the DB connector has locking posts on either side, it's AUI Ethernet. Datamedia corp is registered as owning a range of MAC addresses. Check the back for a MAC address sticker.
Since I use it with a CGA monitor I'm quite certain that it's a CGA card! :)

And the coax connector is composite video like you're used to with the RCA connector on CGA cards. It works normally on a TV.

OK, sorry. I've never seen a CGA card with a BNC connector. Yes, the 6845 should have been a dead giveaway. From this angle, it sure looks like the ISA ethernet cards I have. Here's one with an obvious 3COM plastered all over it, but at first glance, it sure looks similar.
20181027_111747.sm1.jpg

Back