• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: Jetdirect 610n or 615n card

ahm

Staff member
I want to put a HP LaserJet on my home network, but it needs a network card.

I'm looking for either a Jetdirect 610n or 615n.
These things should be cheap to free by now.
If you've got one available, send me a PM

Thanks,
Andy

You can get one off eBay for $10-$20, there are lots of them to choose from.

Internal Jetdirect cards are compatible with multiple HP printer models so there will always be some demand for them as long as the communication mode supported by the card is still in use.

The Jetdirect cards that are still relatively expensive and in demand (I bought a printer with a Jetdirect USB card to avoid the bidding wars) are the ones with a USB Port on them. You'd have to pay at least $50-$100 to get one of them.

Just be aware that a good chunk of the 615n cards were defective. At one point HP was doing a free swap out to 620n cards, but this program has since ended.

Just be aware that a good chunk of the 615n cards were defective. At one point HP was doing a free swap out to 620n cards, but this program has since ended.

Good to know. I don't have or run any 615 cards (all of mine are 600 or 610), but I'd never heard or read that some 615 cards are defective, and I'll keep that in mind if I ever buy or have the chance to buy any 615 cards.

Can you explain what the defect or fault on the 615 cards is?

They just up and die one day. From what I read, it was faulty soldering. Some have had success in baking the PCB to get them working again.

I can verify the mysterious deaths of the 615n series cards. I use to be responsible for a fleet of HP network devices and they do die mysteriously, but replacements are so cheap I would just keep feeding 615n cards back into the circle.

Back