• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted... NEW AT Beige Computer Case - Does anyone still sell these?

cudasales

Experienced Member
Are there any companies out there that still sell New... Old Computer Equipment?
I am looking for an AT (not ATX) Beige Computer Tower Case and prefer New if possible.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

I would go to the Interloper.com main site and browse through the other half dozen AT cases to see if one matches your interest and budget. Note that none match the classic AT desktop format with 4 (or 5) 5.25" bays so you may need to go for a tower. The ebay site seems to be run by the same company.

This one surprises me; either it has a strange typo or the 3.25" drives had more success than I thought. The external and internal smaller bays are listed as 3.25"
http://www.interloper.com/products/product-details.php?productid=51000024&cat=5100

What's your thinking behind new vs used/old? The power supply? Other than that the case is just a case and would be fine over age. It should be and probably will be pretty easy to find an older case used, if the power supply works even better, or replace it and most of them IIRC were standard size/mounts.

The question though is what size tower are you seeking? Full tower (5-7 5.25" bays), Mid Tower (3-5), Small tower (2-3)?

Thanks for all of the input.

I did go through Ebay and didn't like the selection except for one (described below) thus the reason I posted this thread in hopes that there is a bigger selection out there.
I currently have a stash of old AT cases which work but the only reason that I am looking for new is purely cosmetic reasons as my old ones have yellowed, cracked, scuffed and etc. Im also looking for something with the LED display purely for that vintage look. I prefer a Mid Tower if I can find one meeting my specs. The one located here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390211905787 is exactly the type of case that I am looking for but in a Mid Tower. I did email the seller to see if they have that size but have not received any replies.

Im just being picky at this point trying to find something that was similar to my old 486 back in the 90's. Call it a mid life crises :( obviously if I cant find it I will change my standards as my son and I are just starting this project.

Thanks Again!

Sorry missed the tower things and just noticed new AT case. I have snagged a few new AT mid towers from ebay ( along with desktops) but you have to look around for a few months.

Uh... I may be wrong, but the unit that Chuck linked to on the interloper.com site has the vintage-style LED as well as the mid-tower chassis that you say you're looking for? Still, $66 is alot, IMO... unless the cosmetics of the bottom half of the front case was that important?

I found a small-tower case similar to the FT that the OP linked on ebay at a junk store a few months ago, $15 loaded to the gills with HW... but it looked almost new, and had the LED readout, which was something that I never had back in the day but always wanted. I bought it mainly for the case, and the old 1x slide-out Mitsumi CD-ROM; the working system that I found within was just a bonus.

Are there any companies out there that still sell New... Old Computer Equipment?
I am looking for an AT (not ATX) Beige Computer Tower Case and prefer New if possible.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

I have a few here, but the weight of these thinks, is like wicked, not tin and plastic of today,
these suckers are heavy, if postage wasn't a major killer, I'd send them for nothing.

They just don't make cases like they used to anymore. Cases of the old can support my body weight and won't event squeak. I don't dare to sit on anything manufactured in the past ten years.

Back