• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: Symbolics Lisp Machine (yes, really!)

Twylo

Experienced Member
Hi folks,

This is as always a tremendous long shot, but I figured I would put it out there anyway.

I am still eagerly looking for any and all Symbolics systems. I know very well how rare these things are, and how much money they are worth.

If you have any systems you would be willing to let go of, let's talk. I'm happy to entertain trades if that's something you're interested in, but I'm also happy just to pay fair market prices.

For reference, I am located near Seattle, WA.

Best Wishes,

-Twylo

P.S.: I also know how difficult they are to care for and keep running! I'm all too familiar with dying ESDI drives and bad power supplies.

FWIW, I got a lot more mileage out of my MacIvory system ... more typical parts and more widely available hosts, and while it's still exorbitantly expensive, I bet it would be cheaper than trying to source an actual workstation.

FWIW, I got a lot more mileage out of my MacIvory system ... more typical parts and more widely available hosts, and while it's still exorbitantly expensive, I bet it would be cheaper than trying to source an actual workstation.

I can't say anything specific on one particular deal I remember but I know first-hand of someone who only paid $2800 for a 3620. Isn't the going rate for the MacIvory these days in the $4000-$5000 range?

Last edited:
Back