• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: ZEOS tower case of any type.

RWallmow

Veteran Member
I found an old socket 4 Pentium 60Mhz ZEOS motherboard in my stash (I remember upgrading the original Zeos machine with a new Socket 7 AT board and AMD K6-2 setup back in the early 2000's for a client) and now that I found this board I wanted to try to build up a vintage Zeos Pentium 60 rig around it.

I would prefer a tower case, but I would take desktop form factor too if its era appropriate. I know shipping might be kind of high since these cases were well built, but I am hopeful I might find a local with one, since ZEOS was headquartered here in Minneapolis and they were quite popular in their day.

I am also looking for some 486-Pentium era generic AT Mini-tower cases for a few generic boards I found recently.

Thanks!

What would you want for it? I am certainly not above grinding down the rust and repainting it ;-)

Are generic AT mini/full towers scarce now? I'd been stripping the boards out from non-pristine cases and recycling the case metal.

Are generic AT mini/full towers scarce now? I'd been stripping the boards out from non-pristine cases and recycling the case metal.

They are not as easy to find as they once were, at least not locally. Everything scrap I see these days seem to be all ATX machines (which I have a slew of already).

bummer you didn't find this board/have this need a few months ago!

I work at the last refuge of the former zeos, and we liquidated quite a few odds and ends not too long ago, and there was at least 1 full sized tower among the debris. I believe I even posted for it here trying to find a home for it.

There *may* still be one or two old cases in our storage site. I'll ask our building administrator next time to look. No ETA, but I'll keep ya in mind!

bummer you didn't find this board/have this need a few months ago!

I work at the last refuge of the former zeos, and we liquidated quite a few odds and ends not too long ago, and there was at least 1 full sized tower among the debris. I believe I even posted for it here trying to find a home for it.

There *may* still be one or two old cases in our storage site. I'll ask our building administrator next time to look. No ETA, but I'll keep ya in mind!

I knew you worked for them, I had thought about PMing you before posting this thread even ;-)

I totally forgot I had this board until I found it in a box full of old boards, so I guess my timing was a bit too slow on my spring cleaning, such as it is.

If you find ANYTHING Zeos you want to part with, feel free to let me know, I always loved their machines, my first laptop was a Meridian 400c 486-DX4, would love to own one of those again, unfortunately I scrapped mine in the late 90's when its main board cooked, I ended up buying a cheap Fujitsu Pentium replacement, was never as satisfied with that Fujitsu as I was with the Zeos.

Let me know what you use to paint the bottom metal of the case. Grey rustoleum is what I have used in the past but if you know of something better let me know.

Let me know what you use to paint the bottom metal of the case. Grey rustoleum is what I have used in the past but if you know of something better let me know.

Yeah, I will probably go with a shaker can, either rustoleum or krylon. Key to it is a good primer after sanding out ALL the rust and then multiple thin layers of color. Base pan I will probably just do a few layers of primer, no need for that to be all painted out, just want to prevent future rust.

I have painted quite a bit of furniture (book shelves, a desk, and the controls to my MAME cabinet) with good old shaker cans, I'd challenge anyone to tell that they were done by an amateur ;-)

Back