• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Website updates

Hey,
interesting article on shipping.

you know, I never had anything damaged during shipping, but I'm still pretty new at all this vintage computing... I mean I dunno how I'd react if one of my computers got broken in shipping. I'd probably take it to the Supreme Court rather than small claims... :lol:

But heres a question: is that vintage computer convention always in california or does it change location?
It would be really nice if it was in NYC for one year... :roll:

CaptainCommodore said:
Hey,
interesting article on shipping.

you know, I never had anything damaged during shipping, but I'm still pretty new at all this vintage computing... I mean I dunno how I'd react if one of my computers got broken in shipping. I'd probably take it to the Supreme Court rather than small claims... :lol:

Thank you for the kind words.

As it turns out, I just settled a Small Claims suit (I'm waiting on the check) for an original Commodore Pet that got destroyed in transit in January. . .

CaptainCommodore said:
But heres a question: is that vintage computer convention always in california or does it change location?
It would be really nice if it was in NYC for one year... :roll:

They have the West Coast version every year and they usually do a European one annually also. There have been East coast VCFs, but they aren't as regular since the organizer, Sellam, is a SF Bay Area resident.

When the East Coast events do happen it's because someone back there jumps in with both feet and takes care of organizing it (working with Sellam, I assume). . . :)

Erik

I just love your page on the Altair... I would just love to see one, one of this days...
Maybe next time I come to the US :wink: That is next year, if the French bashing disappears :lol:

Back