• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Weird card

The second photo shows a TDA1557Q chip on the card.
I see TDA1557Q described as an audio power amplifier (with speaker protection).

A stereo audio amp, obviously made to be installed in the expansion bus, but with no connection to the bus, two external input jacks and two output jacks, powered by the computer's power supply. Question is though, what for?

A stereo audio amp, obviously made to be installed in the expansion bus, but with no connection to the bus, two external input jacks and two output jacks, powered by the computer's power supply. Question is though, what for?

Yes, the question is what is this used for, must be a part of some other device, i guessed it's a audio amplifier too by the chip.. I just found it from scrap heap along with other stuff.

"So, Van Halen cannot be made loud enough for you on your existing PC speakers? Then buy our booster amp, supplied with matching speakers."

Seems that the last thing I would want powered by my PC supply is an audio amplifier. But if you've spent your life listening to Van Halen at ear-shattering volume, it may not make any difference. :)

Would make a nice amp for DIY Covox, plug it on parallel port cable inside the case and connect to that amp. Needs one free slot though.

Back