• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What programming languages can 8-bit computers run besides BASIC?

Most of the time when edits get shot down, it's because you don't include references, so I referenced the Dennis Ritchie essay.

Yup, that's one of the reasons why we didn't bother to add new CGA-info based on 8088 MPH ourselves. Because of the warped way Wikipedia works, you can't be your own source. Even though it is obvious that we as authors of 8088 MPH are the best possible source to explain how the new CGA tricks work.
Someone eventually added a link to VileR's blog. Sadly they did not add any screenshots, nor even mentioned the name of the demo. Which I think is rather strange, since there are various screenshots for all other modes, even ones taken from commercial games.
Wiki is strange...

Sure if you go down to the bit about the History of Unix, but before you get to that you must of read about it being written in C, even the Box on the right hand side of the screen states it being written in C & Assembly.
But it _is_ written in C & Assembly. That it wasn't always so belongs to the History of Unix, where it is stated. I don't see any problems with the Wikipedia article. Ritchie's history page is much more interesting to read though.

-Tor

Sure if you go down to the bit about the History of Unix, but before you get to that you must of read about it being written in C, even the Box on the right hand side of the screen states it being written in C & Assembly.

So, I read the whole article, not just the parts I like or agree with. :)

Back