• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England What size ball does this microsoft serial mouse need and where can I get one?

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.
Sure I do. The original ball is steel with a rubber coating. And at 1" its pretty heavy. So it goes without saying that a plastic ball wouldnt have the grip or the weight to move the rollers. This was brought up earlier in the post with replaceable small trackballs.

See above....

Rollers are spring loaded and also the pressure of your hand pushes the rollers on to the ball. As I've said before assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Ball has to have some mass to work--it has to maintain solid contact with the surface. Mouse balls are usually neoprene coated so they don't slip. There is a spring loaded roller at about the 4 o'clock position, assuming that the rollers contact at 9 and 12. But it's not enough for a lightweight ball or steel ball.

OTOH, my CH trackball uses what appears to be a standard billiard cue ball.

So I am. I gave myself a good spanking..

And please don't call me sir I was not a commissioned officer in the RNZAF but Sargeant.

Back