• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What's on your Apple 2 ?

ahm

Staff member
I was just playing some Lode Runner on my Apple //e, which got me to thinking...

What's on your Apple 2 ?!

Lets see here, looking through the disks are mostly Softdisk disks. Something called "Brain teasers and Ear pleasers," Number Munchers, a bunch of Uptime disks (not organized), Appleworks stuff, blank disks, Jeopardy!, Recipe Box, and a Print Shop disk. Nothing much in the means of games.

My collection is mostly games, minus prodos and some utilities here and there. Don't have many applications on diskette atm. I do have a near complete collection for use with ADTPro though.

Fav games atm are Oregon Trail, Choplifter, Lunar Lander, Stellar 7, Battlezone, Ultima , and Castle Wolfenstein. Any true Wolf3d fan must play Castle Wolfenstein!

BTW, my machine is an IIc rom0. I so need to update to rom3? one of these days... maybe if I can get a unidisk 3.5.

Last edited:
So far I have virtually nothing. I managed to download the Softdisk (?) CP/M as well as the ADTPro disk itself. When it comes to games, I downloaded a few but only managed to write one to floppy without errors. That one (Spy Hunter) boots to startup screen but then hangs. Then again I don't have a genuine Apple ][, rather the Basis 108 which is a ][+ clone plus Z80 so there might be compatibility issues.

Drol is what's currently in my //gs. I've had nothing but good luck transfering stuff with ADTPro. I also keep thexder, Oregon Trail, karateka, and a few other classics handy.

As for what's on my //e, alot of cables at the moment. (It's unplugged and on the shelf.) :)

Later,
dabone

On my //c+ I've got Flight Simulator 2 with all the scenery disks, Silvern Castle, Copy II+ v9.1, Appleworks v3.0, Arthur: The Quest For Excalibur, Star Trek: First Contact (the shareware game written in Z-Basic), GEOS, Design Your Own Railroad, Publish It! 4, and about 100 or so other disks ,both 3.5 and 5.25, with programs that I've transferred back to real disks using ADTPro.

In my GS I've got a CFFA3000 with several 32MB images with GS/OS and various programs plus another 100 to 150 5.25 and 3.5 disk images that I can mount using the CFFA3000.

Lode Runner, Lode Runner 2, Conan, Lady Tut, Karateka, RescueRaiders, Ultima III, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Bard's Tale I, Bard's Tale II, Bard's Tale III, Dragon Wars, Frogger, Miner 2049er, Minuteman, Arcade Bootcamp, Summer Games, Impossible Mission... and... uh. Bunch more I can't remember. :D

Lode Runner, Lode Runner 2, Conan, Lady Tut, Karateka, RescueRaiders, Ultima III, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Bard's Tale I, Bard's Tale II, Bard's Tale III, Dragon Wars, Frogger, Miner 2049er, Minuteman, Arcade Bootcamp, Summer Games, Impossible Mission... and... uh. Bunch more I can't remember. :D

Interesting, same tastes!

On my //c+ I've got Flight Simulator 2 with all the scenery disks, Silvern Castle, Copy II+ v9.1, Appleworks v3.0, Arthur: The Quest For Excalibur, Star Trek: First Contact (the shareware game written in Z-Basic), GEOS, Design Your Own Railroad, Publish It! 4, and about 100 or so other disks ,both 3.5 and 5.25, with programs that I've transferred back to real disks using ADTPro.

Have I missed a 3.5 images folder on Asimov? I've only one 3.5 game (PoP) and all the images I see are for 5.25 format; where are the 3.5 ones?

Have I missed a 3.5 images folder on Asimov? I've only one 3.5 game (PoP) and all the images I see are for 5.25 format; where are the 3.5 ones?

Actually the 3.5 disk images for regular Apple II games are at What is the Apple IIGS and located here: http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/8-bit-games-on-3-5-disk/ there is also a collection of educational software on 3.5 disk images for the II located here: http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/8-bit-educational-on-3-5-disk/ Silvern Castle is a game that originally started out as a submission to Softdisk and when they went under, without having published it, the author got the rights back and has been distributing it himself. His website is here: http://webpages.milwpc.com/finkjc/silverncastle/

Hope this helps.

This is the first time in years I have dedicated time to Apple II stuff and not Apple /// or Mac. I have three pre update version ][e systems on the table at the moment. One will be put on Ebay next week. Software..i am trying to get CP/M running on one of

Also Mike Williagal game me some cassette stuff for the original Apple ][. I plan to inventory all of tape software I have. Less of the cassette software has been archived.

In Apple Computer’s early days, the company was doing its best to keep orders for the Apple II going out in the United States, without the additional problem of trying to service the foreign market. However, there was a demand outside of the U.S. for the Apple II. To make the Apple II function in many of the countries outside of the U.S., it was necessary to consider not only the obvious differences in language, but also the differences in electric line voltage and television standards. Many other countries use 220 volts AC at 50 Hz, instead of the 110 – 120 volts, 60 Hz AC standard in the United States. The video standard in the United States is “NTSC”, which stands for “National Television System Committee”, and was devised in 1953 for broadcast television. While there are many countries in the world that follow this standard, many others chose to go with a different standard, called PAL (“Phase Alternation by Line”), and some use a third method, SECAM (“Systeme Electronique Couleur Avec Memoire”).

Back