• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where should the next Tandy Assembly be held? Your thoughts..

Where should the next Tandy Assembly be held? Your thoughts..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRS-Ian

Veteran Member
This poll is your opportunity to state where you think the next T-A (most likely 2018 ) should be held.

Try to be open minded and think outside of the box. I hadn't been on an overseas vacation since 2006 and really enjoyed the show. Flying in coach isn't all that bad.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Steve Leininger's house. Or so close by he can't possibly not attend.

Might get a few more from Canada if we avoid Thanksgiving weekend -- Oct. 6-8 in 2018.

Although big cities are easier to get to I sure liked the ease of getting around a smaller place. Much lower overhead for facilities rental, accommodation and meals, too.

Last edited:
I think Peterborough, New Hampshire would be a fun choice .

1) it's over the hill so I could actually attend for a change
2) that's "Wayne Green Country"

I mean if you're going to have a Tandy/TRS-80 con, why not hold it in the town where 80 Micro and Rainbow was published?

@Ray: I think there was at least four from over seas... George, Philip, Ruub and myself. 83 was the official attendance. My only criticism is how far it was from the airport (over 1hr drive) making taxi fare costly. A site 20-25min from an airport would encourage more fly-ins.

@deathshadow: I agree NH would be good. Was actually in touch with Michael E. Nadeau (editor in chief of both 80micro and Hot coco at various times) I'm sure he has a story to tell, and still lives in NH.

Can someone ask the coco crew to run a similar poll on their fprums and see if a common place seems to be apparent?

Last edited:
Although big cities are easier to get to I sure liked the ease of getting around a smaller place. Much lower overhead for facilities rental, accommodation and meals, too.

This is a major consideration. While I think the Warwick would be a cool thing to do, the show's and attendee's costs would easily triple for a midtown Manhattan event.

I personally would like to see it in the Southeast. Atlanta, Jacksonville, Charlestown SC. But that could be expensive for any visitors from the Pacific area. But Closer to European users. Just a thought.

I would second the Atlanta area, the birthplace of the Greene Machine BBS. Maybe we could get Bob Payne to show some of his stash of Model II-series gear..... and maybe even sell some at reasonable prices.

While I could say 'you could always do it where I work, and we could easily handle 100 attendees who would not be disappointed in the scenery, I also know that is not really realistic due to the location being somewhat out-of-the-way (there is an airport about 35 miles away, by road).

But 'near a willing organizer' is actually by far the best idea, as a willing and capable organizer is required. And whether that is near enough to me where I could attend isn't a consideration; it needs to be near a willing organizer.

and maybe even sell some at reasonable prices.
Lol? I've offered him what I consider to be far greater than reasonable and he has always declined...

I would second the Atlanta area... ...it needs to be near a willing organizer.

There is already VCF-SE in late April (tentatively 28/29 in 2018). I suppose a second event can be added.

Lol? I've offered him what I consider to be far greater than reasonable and he has always declined...

There is already VCF-SE in late April (tentatively 28/29 in 2018). I suppose a second event can be added.

ATL has my vote as well, but that's simply because I live there...

Yes at first I was a bit surprised that there was no "Some other country" option on the list, but then I realised that, well, anyone is free to organise their own event anywhere, and call it what they like. But that takes a lot of effort.
Personally I would be delighted to hear about the occasional vintage computer event in Oz, I'm sure there have been some.

I thought HI would get more traction because it's roughly equidistant for Australians and North Americans. Also I've never been there...

But, how would I get my 8" XENIX machines there? :)

For authenticity I suppose Dallas/Ft. Worth would be the place. Not sure that makes much difference anymore, though.

Realistically, wherever you can most likely attract the high caliber of keynote speakers that the inaugural TA had. They made the event very unique and memorable.

Back