• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wifi Client Windows 98SE

ScanDisk

Veteran Member
Now that I have the sound in DOS mode figured out, I am only missing one thing.

I have a Cisco Aironet 350 Series PC Card installed, and I have the driver for it installed too, just not the client utility, as I can't find a version of the client utility which will work in 98SE.

So I am currently looking for another Wifi Client software which will work in 98SE.

I have heard of a couple, like WSC Guard (but I can't find any download link for a version that will work for me) as well as Odyssey 4.56 (but I can't find a working download link for that either).

So I wonder does anyone know where I can find a working download link for a Wifi Client that will work on 98SE?

Okay, so I just somehow managed to connect to my home's guest (unsecured) wifi network and to the internet through it, right now without any utility installed. I don't understand how.

All I did was install drivers to get the card working in Windows, but never anything to handle any network connections.

I have a boxed Aironet 350 series with the install cdrom, it has the client utility which is supposedly compatible with Win98 on it, i can upload it somewhere if you want it.

Here is the content of the install cd, the link will be offline if no one downloads the file in 30 days, mirror it elsewhere if you can.
http://dl.free.fr/jRmzaZMl8

Cisco Wireless LAN Client CD
P/N 80-5605-02 Rev01

Products Covered:
AIR-PCM340, AIR-PCM350
AIR-LMC340, AIR-LMC350
AIR-PCI340, AIR-PCI350

Files in the Root Directory:
FileList.txt file (this file)
Links.htm (URL's for documentation, support and warranty info)

\Aironet Client Utility
Aironet Client Utility for Windows (v5.01.001)

\Linux
Aironet Client Utility for Linux (v1.6.7)
Linux driver (v1.5.000)

\Mac
Aironet Client Utility and Driver for MacOS 9.x and 10.1 (v2.0)

\Win2000
Windows 2000 driver (v8.01.06)

\Win95
Windows 95 driver (v8.01.06)

\Win98
Windows 98 driver (v8.01.06)

\WinME
Windows ME driver (v8.01.06)

\WinNT4
Windows NT 4.0 driver (v8.01.06)

\WinXP
Windows XP driver (v8.01.06)

\WinCE
\CE211
Aironet Client Utility for Windows CE 2.11 (v2.10)
Windows CE 2.11 driver (v1.70)

\CE300
Aironet Client Utility for Windows CE 3.00 (v2.10)
Windows CE 3.00 driver (v1.70)

One can also use a plain old NIC (10BaseT or faster) and an RPi OPi to act as a Wifi bridge. Requires no special drivers for the Windows machine.

I've also found that at least in the case of the Cisco Wireless-GS PCI card, that the drivers on the installation CD intended for XP work just fine on 98SE. Miniport thing, I suppose.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I use a Cisco Aironet 340 series card to connect my Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT running Windows 95 (along with a version of the Aironet Client Utility that works with W95) to the 'net. Still works in 2020!

I even managed to track down the Windows CE drivers for the card. (I got the Aironet 340 card bundled as an extra with my Intermec 6651, the seller said he actually used it to connect to the internet back in the day)

@WBST.

Thanks for the links, I searched the site before, but I was unable to find any downloadable things for it myself, because all the links I clicked on that supposedly had downloads said the page didn't exist anymore. Thanks again.

Back