• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Will be exhibiting my Osborne Executive at VCF East - Need help :)

AltairNic

Experienced Member
Hi ! I'm bringing my OSE at VCF East in two weeks, along with a Macintosh SE FDHD and a Compaq Portable. My exhibit is named "80's Luggables".
I want to have a very interactive exhibit. For this I need to prepare disks for the Osborne.

I am looking for archives containing fun programs, especially games (I got ladder already and catchum) and terminal program I can use with an external modem. (Got MyTERM but only works with the Osborne modem I think -- which I have)
I am also looking for utilities other than those included in the 3 system disks.

Also, I ned to remember how to get files from my PC over to the Osborne.

Does anyone have a collection of programs for the OSE ?

Last edited:
Is your OCC upgraded with the Double-Density disk upgrade? From my perusal most of the archives seem to have much more interesting stuff on DD disks, so no luck for us SD plebs.

Is your OCC upgraded with the Double-Density disk upgrade? From my perusal most of the archives seem to have much more interesting stuff on DD disks, so no luck for us SD plebs.
If you're not afraid of a little work around and have a way to connect a gotek to the Osborne. I wrote a little workaround using MAME to copy anything from DD diskimages to SD diskimages and use those images in a gotek.
DD to SD in MAME

since OP uses an Executive, i don't know if those machines have a SD drives aswell

Back