• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wilson Laboratories FX-500 floppy disk exerciser

dano

Experienced Member
You'll probably never see another one of these guys, this looks to be from the earily days of floppy drives as the cable and power plug look to be correct for an 8" drive. There are switches for:

Select 1-4
Tracks 77,35,40,154
Type stnd, mini, spl1, spl2
hard sectors 8, 10, 16, 32
head load on/off
step rate (rotary knob)
etc etc

This all mounted on a large aluminum panel with over 30 switchs and sever LEDs. I have no idea what it's worth.... maybe nothing (I had to have it when I found it but can't figure a use for it), but I thought I'd offer it here. Looking for best offer, none refused!

Surprisingly, this one (Ebay item #: 300230956212 ) sold for $ 150.
That's a lot, considering you can buy a program (Accurite's DriveProbe) that will do the same thing and more.

Hi
I also notice that the same fellow has a paper tape reader
for $20. It needs a little TLC but for someoe that needs
one it looks like it can be used.
The one I have, I made an adapter to connect to a standard
parallel port. This one looks like it has enough wires to be
a parallel port type as well.
I didn't get schematics with mine do this looks like an easier project.
Dwight

Any info about a Wilson Laboratories TFX-500 Formatter Exerciser, SX-530 Disk Memory Exerciser (with HAT-500 Head Alignment Tester), Disk Formatter, etc.. I have about 12 of these Wilson Laboratories cases and was wondering about them as well.

Thanks everyone.

Back