• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

windows 95 on psp amazing!!!!!

Actually, I have to disagree with your definition #2. The terms 'mature' and 'classic', while somewhat overlapping sometimes, are often mutually exclusive. I believe that 'maturity' is an important component of 'vintage-ness', but 'classic' is a whole 'nother aminal. I mean, I've never seen a wine bottle that says 'Vintage: Last Month'. It takes at least a few years to earn that designation. Classic is different. Some things can be 'instant classics', (like a brand-new Dodge Viper, f'rinstance). When Bob Seeger's latest album came out earlier this year, it only took one fone call to our local 'Classic Rock' radio station to convince them to start playing it immediatly, even though only a couple of the songs are really retro. I mean...it's Bob Seeger! If anyone defines 'Classic', it's him, even if the material is not 'Vintage'...
(Sh!t, I've been knowin' that for ten years!)

--T

Last edited:
Terry Yager said:
Actually, I have to disagree with your definition #2. The terms 'mature' and 'classic', while somewhat overlapping sometimes, are often mutually exclusive. I believe that 'maturity' is an important component of 'vintage-ness', but 'classic' is a whole 'nother aminal. I mean, I've never seen a wine bottle that says 'Vintage: Last Month'. It takes at least a few years to earn that designation. Classic is different. Some things can be 'instant classics', (like a brand-new Dodge Viper, f'rinstance). When Bob Seeger's latest album came out earlier this year, it only took one fone call to our local 'Classic Rock' radio station to convince them to start playing it immediatly, even though only a couple of the songs are really retro. I mean...it's Bob Seeger! If anyone defines 'Classic', it's him, even if the material is not 'Vintage'...
(Sh!t, I've been knowin' that for ten years!)

--T

It's not my definition. It's copied straight from the dictionary.

You might not have seen a wine bottle that says "vintage: last month", But I bet that you have heard the phrase "last years vintage" in reference to wine. That's because vintage didn't originally mean what it does today(old or classic) but referred instead simply to a specific pressing of wine.

Back