• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Working 5.25" floppy drive

Anything out of the US these days is priority airmal and NOT cheap, the days of surface shipping out of the US are gone.

It's cheaper to ship from China to almost anywhere. I couldn't even begin to think about shipping from the US to China for the rates given Chinese shippers in the reverse direction. So if we're to believe the USPS, they're subsidizing shipments from China to the US.

Anything out of the US these days is priority airmal and NOT cheap, the days of surface shipping out of the US are gone.

Actually, they still have First Class Mail for International.
The drive I looked into sending the the UK was First Class Mail International Package.
It was a 4 lb box for $ 31.30.
Priority isn't much more though - the same box goes Priority for $ 38.65

Lorne - I contact that guy in europe about the drive, he quoted me the same shipping price as he did you :-(

So no cheaper for being in Europe

*update*

Just won this drive, paid more the i would have liked. But i'm hoping this drive might double as a possible replacement for the one in the PC-7200.

Last edited:
The replacement i've won off ebay is also a teac 5.25" floppy drive, half height. So will have to see. I've been told that the sharp's got a couple of other faults that needs dealing with first. Backlite isn't working and hdd doesn't seem to be operating either. But never it be said i dont like a challange, hopefully will bring the old beast back to life :)

Back