• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Working on GUI project coded in BASIC

Yep, LinsterSoft was actually born out of my desire to finish the project, and put a nice home-made software box on my shelf as a trophy of Linster OS :D

PiSoft is actually a fake company made by my friend, who writes programs for his TI-83 :D They actually wrote the original MathTools :)

I started writing Linster OS 2.0 way back in 2005-6 when I was in Grade 7 :)

After sitting on a shelf untill 2009, I decided to finish the project, just to say I have finished one of my projects (I'm that sort of person, never finishing what I start)

And no, I wouldn't use Linster OS as a "daily driver" anywhere either :p

PS: Linster OS dosen't have any task-switching at all, new windows are just seperate exe's drawn over the old ones. When they exit the desktop is redrawn :p

I'll have some more info later today, but I gotta go.

i totally am with you on never finishing projects lol. my QB programs usually get close to finished but then i get too lazy to refine them and really call it "complete"

EDIT: i guess LeetIRC is more or less "complete" but i really need to replace the POKE routines for drawing the text to the screen with ASM memory copies from the buffer array for good performance on anything less than a 386.

Last edited:
Back