• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wow, Dead Space is by far the scariest video game I've ever played.

Really? I thought the exact opposite. I own a 360, and my dad owns a PS3. I like the PS3 controller a lot more than the 360's. The 360's feels weird in my hand and it starts to cramp the base of my thumbs really badly after an hour or so, to the point that I simply have to stop playing. I can use the PS controller all night long. They're both light years better than the original xbox controller though. That is the crappiest gamepad design in the history of gaming.

You've mentioned your age in the past... you're the Playstation generation - no wonder you prefer it ;) laugh... seriously though... I do think that people's controller preferences have alot to do with what they grew up with. To me, the Atari 7800 and NES controllers are STILL great! SNES and Genesis are ok - certainly usable - but I still prefer the square pad style of the NES. Load it up with buttons though and it obviously becomes more complicated... I can barely use the N64 controller, and the Gamecube controller is unusable for me. The Playstation controller is playable, but I can't use it for a fighter or a timing-based twitch-movement game to save my life (I lump all PS controllers together as the design hasn't changed since the PS One days).. The X-Box controller approached ergonomic and usable... the 360 perfected it, IMO.

Though I still prefer my NES pad. Just sayin.

I'll bite. I'm 33, started with NES. First computer was Tandy 1000 EX.

Lately I talk mostly about computers and computer games and modern stuff, but I will say for my gaming fix I have several go-tos. I have OnLive... attached is my game history.

I also have Steam... and GOG. I don't really play many of the games I've purchased.

I play MMOs and other games with a PS2 controller (USB adaptor and Xpadder to emulate keyboard keys with the button presses) AND a wired Xbox 360 controller.

Gaming is a passion and curse of mine.

Attachments

• onlivepage.jpg
    onlivepage.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1
You've mentioned your age in the past... you're the Playstation generation - no wonder you prefer it ;) laugh... seriously though... I do think that people's controller preferences have alot to do with what they grew up with. To me, the Atari 7800 and NES controllers are STILL great! SNES and Genesis are ok - certainly usable - but I still prefer the square pad style of the NES. Load it up with buttons though and it obviously becomes more complicated... I can barely use the N64 controller, and the Gamecube controller is unusable for me. The Playstation controller is playable, but I can't use it for a fighter or a timing-based twitch-movement game to save my life (I lump all PS controllers together as the design hasn't changed since the PS One days).. The X-Box controller approached ergonomic and usable... the 360 perfected it, IMO.

Though I still prefer my NES pad. Just sayin.

Lol, well I'm 28. I grew up with the NES before anything else and it was the only console I owned for like 5 or 6 years until I got a Genesis. (and I still have both of those consoles!) I love the NES controller, I was only comparing more modern ones. Current games can't really be played with 4 buttons and a d-pad. :)

But yeah, the NES is my favorite console ever overall. There were tons of excellent games for it. That's why I wrote a NES emulator!

Really? I thought the exact opposite. I own a 360, and my dad owns a PS3. I like the PS3 controller a lot more than the 360's. The 360's feels weird in my hand and it starts to cramp the base of my thumbs really badly after an hour or so, to the point that I simply have to stop playing. I can use the PS controller all night long. They're both light years better than the original xbox controller though. That is the crappiest gamepad design in the history of gaming.

I am almost 44 so that makes me the Atari 2600 generation and I probably still have a scar on my thumb from using that rigid Atari 2600 Joystick. The original XBOX S gamepad is light years ahead of an Atari Joystick.

Back