• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB 68pin SCSI and network cards, MCA

mijk

Hey I'm looking for a 68pin SCSI adapter and a ethernet network card, both MCA cards. Cheap and shipping to/from Canada.

Hey I'm looking for a 68pin SCSI adapter and a ethernet network card, both MCA cards. Cheap and shipping to/from Canada.

I am in the UK but might have what you want but shipping won't be cheap.

Does the SCSI card need to support booting in a PS/2?

I assume you wanted twisted ethernet? There is an AUI card on E-Bay Canada

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201544883964

but I guess its too expensive for you ....

Thanks, the Hackery asked I email them with a photo of my MCA slots. Waiting to hear back if they have adapters for me.

Warning, Will Robinson! Warning!

What system do you have? Give us the Type-Model from the small recessed sticker on the front, usually below the power switch or on the lower front edge of the front bezel.

The 8570 and 8580 do NOT support configuration of the Fast/Wide (Corvette) or Differential F/W (Turbo Corvette) due to the age of the system BIOS. We think the F/W cards use POS registers in different ways than the initial ADF standard supports. IBM never released the updated version of ADF prowords. In short, it won't work.

16 bit systems can use it (386 and up) but you have sliced the bandwidth. Systems with on-board SCSI tend to boot from the planar SCSI, and that locks transfers to 5MHz, why, we don't know.

Back