• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Boot Disk For Victor Vicki Portable

Moonferret

Experienced Member
Hi Folks!

Anybody able to make a boot disk for one of these machines? Also looking to get a copy of Kermit of floppy disk for a Sirius/Victor.

Cheers,
Dave

Hello - just saw this, I think I can probably help if you can provide blank disks!

d.

Gents - did you get this boot disk sorted ?

I have just repaired a Vicki and could do with a boot disk & utilities too please.

Happy to supply disk and cover costs as necessary.

Thanks.

Hello - lots of the stuff I'd have used to create one appears to have vanished from the interweb (I don't have a vicki, but I've got a victor that can write discs of the correct format!). Let me see if I can contact the person who might have such things.

Hello - lots of the stuff I'd have used to create one appears to have vanished from the interweb (I don't have a vicki, but I've got a victor that can write discs of the correct format!). Let me see if I can contact the person who might have such things.

Great - thanks.

Hi there, I've got the files, but not managed to get my victor physically up and out and on the desk at the moment (life is rather in the way). I confess I'm not quite sure when I'm going to get it set up at present, but the person who runs the website will do a vicky boot disk for £10, I think?

d.

I know what you mean re. life in the way.

I have actually managed to create a boot disk now - albeit a rather proprietary one based on a financial services company disk set that came with my Vicki. so the machine boots in to MSDOS 2.1.
Unfortunately I don't have many useful DOS tools and utilities from the disk set I received (lots of book keeping and financial advice software).

Do you know what your files provide - is it an MSDOS set or a CPM86 set ?

msdos - I've not seen cp/m for the Vicky. If you've got BASICA on there, you should be able to get a rudimentary serial program going, once you've done that, you can get kermit across, and once you've done that you should be laughing?

d.

Someone figured out how to make a bootable disk ... w/o a bootable disk, somehow. I have the corr3spond3nce, will have to dig it out and look it over.

You should, in theory, be able to use copy with the /b flag to get something across serial? And yes, I think you can coerce the system to boot across the serial port too (certainly the code seems to be there in the bootrom).

If anyone is still looking for Vicki boot disks, I put copies of Vicki boot floppies here. https://archive.org/details/@pauldevine
Hello Paul, I'm desperately looking for them.
I also tried to reach you on a German site... I found your copies, but I'm not able to get them on disks. It seems that copies must be written on a Vicki, but mine has no harddisk...

Last edited:
Send me a direct message with your address. I'm happy to pop a disk in the mail. For the Vicki I only have German versions that work correctly.

I tried to create an English Vicki boot disk and have been having various bugs. The latest English version boots correctly but the font is messed up and you have to run modcon to reload it to see the screen.

Back