• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: DRAM Chip for a Tandy 1000 SL

KD2IXL

Experienced Member
Hello All, I have narrowed down the ram issue with my Tandy 1000 SL to one bad MT4067-12 If anyone has an extra MT4067-12, 41464-12, or LH2464-12 it would be greatly appreciated! I went on eBay to check for it, but most are either listed as untested from the US or from overseas also in unknown condition, overpriced. I'd rather source the chip from a community I trust. PM me and we can work something out!

Thank you, I saw them on jameco. I wasn't sure if it was safe to mix a 100ns with 120ns chips, or if the Tandy was capable handling that 20ns difference

No problem. As a matter of fact, at least one manufacturer quit selling graded-by-speed DRAMs in at least one part as nearly the entire production exceeded the max standard speed spec. That is, the original offerings were 150, 120, 100 and 80 nsec. Eventually, production was turning them out so they all were better than 70 nsec., so they quit grading them by speed, thereby simplifying inventory issues.

Progress marches on...

Huh I didn’t know that, learn something new every day! Thanks I’ll be putting in the order today. I usually buy caps in bulk so the $6 shipping makes sense. Why buy a $2.00 part with 6 dollars shipping when you can buy 200 different caps with the same shipping cost

Back