• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Ethernet switch/hub with RJ45+BNC Thinnet

SuperXT

Looking for a 5 port+ switch/hub with one BNC Thinnet connector so I can use some older NICs
I'd really like to find a Netgear EN104(Not TP ver.) but they are uncommon and $$$, I'm more interested in a trade than payment but I'll consider it, I have various Olde PC and Apple/Mac parts, accessories and Video Game stuff too I could trade.

Do your cards have AUI ports? If so, Centrecom makes a transceiver that plugs into the AUI port and allows you to connect using twisted pair (CAT 5). Look for the Centrecom 210 series.

You probably want an Allied Telesis/Allied Telesyn/Centrecom MC15 media converter. It's a little two port device -- one port is 10baseT, the other is 10base2. I bought one for IIRC less than $15 shipped so that I could get rid of the last of the BNC-equipped hubs I had (it was getting flaky, and was a 19" rack mount unit).

I think shipping will cost more than anything I want. If you need terminators, T-adapters, and lots of coax, I can throw that in. I don't see myself using 10Base2 again. So, basically shipping to Canada, plus a bit for my trouble.

Awesome, I'd take 4 T's and 2 terminators, I've made hundreds of BNC cables before so I'm good there and save on weight.
So if you can give me a shipping cost estimate we can go from there!

I'll do some checking after the holidays. Perhaps then, you'll be long enough in the tooth in the site's metrics to be able to exchange PMs. (I don't post my email publicly)

Back