• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Leading Edge Model D

MrCoffee

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a LE Model D, if you have one kicking around drop me a note with info and price. Also looking for a IBM PS/2 Model 25 (?) all in one low end of the PS/2 line. 8525-L01 or L04.

Thanks!

Last edited:
...Also looking for a IBM PS/2 Model 25 (?) all in one low end of the PS/2 line. 8525-L01 or L04...

Uhmm, the 'L' submodels would have been with some sort of LAN (Token Ring or Ethernet)? I have a'plenty of the 8086-based (and with color CRTs) models. Be aware there is also a 286-10MHz and 386SX-16 & 20MHz versions.

Uhmm, the 'L' submodels would have been with some sort of LAN (Token Ring or Ethernet)? I have a'plenty of the 8086-based (and with color CRTs) models. Be aware there is also a 286-10MHz and 386SX-16 & 20MHz versions.

Ok, now I am confused (which really isnt that unusal)...
I was looking for the all in one unit, with either Mono or Color, and whatever CPU configuration. 8086 or 286 is fine. I am planning on adding a HD. I thought the L01 was Mono, and the L04 was color....

Are you looking to get rid of any of yours?

...I was looking for the all in one unit, with either Mono or Color, and whatever CPU configuration. 8086 or 286 is fine. I am planning on adding a HD. I thought the L01 was Mono, and the L04 was color...

The early PS/2s (25/30/50/60/70/80) didn't follow the later PS/2 submodel encoding (the last 3 digits would indicate CPU, loaded OS, hard drive size, etc.), so it is a bit hard to tell. In Googling a small amount it looks that the 8525-L01 was a Token Ring "LAN Station" and the 8525-L04 was the Ethernet version. Often enough there was commonly a way to even boot from the network (I got quite a few units this way from our local school system surplus, and kind of neat running a NW3.12 console session from them) and could be without a hard drive.

I added a FD SCSI card to one, and have a 1Gb partion on the hard drive (the stock drives are proprietary, unless some models came with an MFM controller and 20Mb drive)...

Most of mine are color CRTs...

Ok,

Well I have gotten my Model 25 and my Model D, but I need a solid working Monochrome monitor (Amber if possible) to go with the Leading Edge... Anyone got one they would like to part with?

Can trade any number of Mac parts for it, or pay cash.

Thanks!

Leading Edge Model D please...?

Leading Edge Model D please...?

Ok,

Well I have gotten my Model 25 and my Model D, but I need a solid working Monochrome monitor (Amber if possible) to go with the Leading Edge... Anyone got one they would like to part with?

Can trade any number of Mac parts for it, or pay cash.

Thanks!

Ok, well I guess I am back to looking for a Model D again... :crazy:
Drives me a little nuts to buying something, pay for it, then 3 weeks later have the guy contact me and tell me someone else offered him more, do I want to "outbid" him.......... :cry:

Anyways, I need a PC/XT style system, and would love to get a Model D. If you have anything your willing to part with, LMK

MrC

Back