• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: OEM Compaq 9000 Series Rack Screws

Shadow Lord

Veteran Member
bHello All,

I am in need of at least six (prefer 10) Compaq 9000 Series OEM Rack screws to mount a side panel. I believe these are M6 screws. On the side that had the panel already mounted these were the screws that were used:

OEM Star Screw 1.jpg

OEM Flange Size.jpg

OEM Length.jpg

I have looked online and on some of the rack accessory suppliers and have found M6 screws which I believe are from HP racks:

OEM vs. After Market 1.jpg

Aside from the fact that the OEM is a star head (not a big deal - security is not a huge issue) it is just a tad bigger:

After Market Flange Size.jpg

OEM vs. After Market 2.jpg

The length I "think" is okay. However, the flange is just a bit too big and it catches on the side panel so you can't screw the screw in all the way (w/o damaging the side panel). The star screws do not do this.

If anyone has any spares they can part with or knows where I can order some (and definitely get the OEM ones vs. the after market/HP ones) I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Last edited:
There are lots of Chinese sellers of M6 SS Torx-head screws on eBay. I'd be tempted to chuck a few in a lathe and just turn the heads down a bit. For 10, it should be less than a half-hour's work.

There are lots of Chinese sellers of M6 SS Torx-head screws on eBay. I'd be tempted to chuck a few in a lathe and just turn the heads down a bit. For 10, it should be less than a half-hour's work.

Already did that (well I ground them down) and got the panel up. However, would like some nice proper screws. I am surprised with the large number of these racks out there, there is no real aftermarket supply of used parts...

Back