• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Still looking for Leading Edge stuff...

MrCoffee

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I have had some time to post here, but I wanted to throw my list of wanted items out again. Be cool if the software had the original manuals, but not REALLY that important.

Leading Edge Model D
Leading Edge Word Processor 1.5a
Softlogic Solutions DoubleDOS (or any of their software)

Thanks!

I'll have to check with my dad. He MAY still have some of the stuff from our Model D. (Sadly, he got rid of the computer long ago. Still has the box holding assorted other stuff in his attic, though!) I know he just recently got rid of the 100-200 shareware disks from that era, but I'm pretty sure he kept the 'branded' stuff.

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I have had some time to post here, but I wanted to throw my list of wanted items out again. Be cool if the software had the original manuals, but not REALLY that important.

Leading Edge Model D
Leading Edge Word Processor 1.5a
Softlogic Solutions DoubleDOS (or any of their software)

Thanks!
I've got DoubleDOS and SoftwareCarousel somewhere; found the boxes but will have to dig for the manuals and disks. PM me and we'll discuss whether it's worth my while to do the digging ;-)

There's a coupon for a free copy of one of their other packages but unfortunately it expired on Sept. 30, 1988. And of course you'll need written permission from SLS to transfer the licence....

Great programs in their day if you want to multi-task or swap your DOS programs, sort of like Windows without the GUI; surprised that I never hear them mentioned in this den of folks squeezing every last bit of performance out of their old XTs & ATs...

Last edited:
I'll have to check with my dad. He MAY still have some of the stuff from our Model D. (Sadly, he got rid of the computer long ago. Still has the box holding assorted other stuff in his attic, though!) I know he just recently got rid of the 100-200 shareware disks from that era, but I'm pretty sure he kept the 'branded' stuff.

I would sure appreciate it! I have the manuals from LEWP, but no disk :( Let me know if you come across it, and how much he'd like for it.

I've got DoubleDOS and SoftwareCarousel somewhere; found the boxes but will have to dig for the manuals and disks. PM me and we'll discuss whether it's worth my while to do the digging ;-)

There's a coupon for a free copy of one of their other packages but unfortunately it expired on Sept. 30, 1988. And of course you'll need written permission from SLS to transfer the licence....

Great programs in their day if you want to multi-task or swap your DOS programs, sort of like Windows without the GUI; surprised that I never hear them mentioned in this den of folks squeezing every last bit of performance out of their old XTs & ATs...

That would be great! I seriously doubt SLS is going to worry about the Licence, since they folded a number of years ago. The reason I would like to buy these items is simply because my first IT job was Technical supprt for SLS, and my second was for Leading Edge computers. :D

...That would be great! I seriously doubt SLS is going to worry about the Licence, since they folded a number of years ago. The reason I would like to buy these items is simply because my first IT job was Technical supprt for SLS, and my second was for Leading Edge computers. :D
Gee, maybe we spoke in those days; I installed it at several of my clients and I do recall having to deal with the occasional problem...

I found a backup disk in the Carousel box that I could email you, but I suppose you want the whole original package (if I can find it ;-) )?

Alright, had a reason to go to my parents today, and low-and-behold...

One Leading Edge Word Processing Master Disk, one LEWP Tutorial & Utilities Disk. Unfortunately, I don't know precisely what version it is.

(Plus three Leading Edge Model "D" disks: Diagnostics, MS-DOS 3.10 DIsk 1, and MS-DOS 3.10 DIsk 2+GWBASIC 3.11.)

Gee, maybe we spoke in those days; I installed it at several of my clients and I do recall having to deal with the occasional problem...

I found a backup disk in the Carousel box that I could email you, but I suppose you want the whole original package (if I can find it ;-) )?

Oh man, even just the program operational would be GREAT! I spent 99% of my time at SLS doing disk optimizer and DoubleDOS support, and very limited time doing Software Carousel and CubIT support. But anything is possible.... :)

I will drop you a note with my email addy, and you can let me know whatcha want for this.... :D

Alright, had a reason to go to my parents today, and low-and-behold...

One Leading Edge Word Processing Master Disk, one LEWP Tutorial & Utilities Disk. Unfortunately, I don't know precisely what version it is.

(Plus three Leading Edge Model "D" disks: Diagnostics, MS-DOS 3.10 DIsk 1, and MS-DOS 3.10 DIsk 2+GWBASIC 3.11.)

You ROCK! Drop me a PM and let me know what you'd like for it all!!! LEWP! Yeah Baby! :D :D :D

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I have had some time to post here, but I wanted to throw my list of wanted items out again. Be cool if the software had the original manuals, but not REALLY that important...

How about a nice framed poster from Leading Edge? A picture to come later. I should be able to help you find a PS/2 Model 25 too.

Ah, Leading Edge stuff!

I've got my grandmother's Model D up and running with an XT-IDE card nowadays, put the second 5.25" floppy back in since the old MFM drive is now replaced. The first system I got to play with GW-BASIC with!

MrCoffee, if you'd be interested in making images of the LEWP diskettes, let me know. The originals that came with my Model D were fried after storage in a hot attic for several years.

I've also got a copy of the Leading Edge branded MS-DOS disks, 2.10 or 2.11 I think. I have the originals, but they're flakey (also stored in the attic), I did manage to get bootable images from them though.

How about a nice framed poster from Leading Edge? A picture to come later...

leposter.jpg

It´s in very good shape, all of the flash distortion and dirt is on the plastic wrap I have left on. The bottom frame piece is missing, and the clear plastic cover is slightly cracked there. There is that clear plastic protecting the poster, and a pressboard back with a hanging mount to keep it flat.

It is about two foot wide, and two and a half feet tall...

Due to condition and assumed rarity, I would price it accordingly...

Make an offer by PM...

EDIT: Don´t confuse that the clear plastic covering the poster is different than the clear plastic wrap that is torn and bunched a little in places...

A location is also a critical thing, for shipping if an offer is made...

Last edited:
Yup, that was my first computer in that poster. (Except we got a generic monitor.) Dual floppy, full 640K RAM, CGA upgrade. (It had a toggle on the back to switch between CGA and MDA modes, if I remember correctly.) I wish I had known about CGA composite mode back then, as the monitor had both RGB and composite inputs, yet I only ever used RGB. I had some games that I now know would have looked a lot better in composite mode.

Later put a "HardCard" in with a 20 MB hard drive.

Back