• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Teac FD-55BR 360k DD for a Tandy 1000 SX

Jibbajaba

Experienced Member
I just got a Tandy 1000 SX, but it is the model that came with just one floppy drive. Would like to find another Teac FD-55BR to put in as a drive B.

Also looking for an 8-bit ISA serial card for the system, so that I can have some mouse action.

Thanks!!

I just got a Tandy 1000 SX, but it is the model that came with just one floppy drive. Would like to find another Teac FD-55BR to put in as a drive B.

Also looking for an 8-bit ISA serial card for the system, so that I can have some mouse action.

Thanks!!

Having a Tandy 1000 SX myself, I would probably recommend just putting a 3.5" drive with a 5 1/4" adapter as the primary drive. It'd make moving files between other PC's (and creating boot disks) a lot easier. That, or even a gotek although if your going just for original looks, I can see why maybe you wouldn't go the gotek route.

I also have a NIB NOS EVEREX MAGIC I/O-AT EV-170A 8-bit ISA I/O Adapter Brand New Sealed with 2 serial ports, 1 parallel port and software.

attachment.php

Everex1.jpg

Having a Tandy 1000 SX myself, I would probably recommend just putting a 3.5" drive with a 5 1/4" adapter as the primary drive. It'd make moving files between other PC's (and creating boot disks) a lot easier. That, or even a gotek although if your going just for original looks, I can see why maybe you wouldn't go the gotek route.

Yeah, I'd like to keep the system more-or-less original. The only exception I may make to that is putting a CF card inside, just because a hard card is going to be hard to find, and I don't want to deal with 30 year old HDD hardware. My other DOS machine has a 5.25" drive, so I have no problem making disks for the 1000. Thanks for the input though!

I have a black Teac 55-BV that is like new. It's been on a shelf for over 25 years. Just tested and works fine.

Let me see if I can come up with a beige one. If not, I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks!

I'm with ngtwolf on adding a 3.5 inch floppy. It's an easy install as hardware goes. You'll only need to source an 3.5 to 5.25 bay adapter similar to this: https://www.ebay.com/i/222637473232?chn=ps

If you're extremely lucky, your new 3.5 drive may have a jumper to select between DSO & DS1 (A & B) - mine does but most do not. If you are unable to select the 3.5 drive as B, then it must become A and you will obviously need to select the 5.25 as B. Your 1000SX will see the 3.5 as 720K

I originally used 'DRIVPARM' https://www.computerhope.com/drivparm.htm to setup the 3.5 but I believe I later discovered that it wasn't needed. Great addition for the 1000SX.

Just be careful to use DS2D 3.5" floppies or at least cover the density indicator hole on the DSHD ones.

It doesn't seem that long ago that people were punching or drilling holes in DS2D floppies to use them as high-density ones.

Just be careful to use DS2D 3.5" floppies or at least cover the density indicator hole on the DSHD ones.

It doesn't seem that long ago that people were punching or drilling holes in DS2D floppies to use them as high-density ones.

The sad part is I remember swapping 360's and 720's for 1.2's and 1.44's, and now i'm doing the reverse. Well, not really swapping 1.44's, but I do have a few 1.2's in boxes that I had to swap out for 360k's since I only use the PC Drives for making disks for other computers. I also don't even have any 1.2 disks even if I wanted to use those drives. At least you guys are better than me and selling old disk drives, I just seem to hoard them for emergencies (which is kinda pointless considering media is on the verge of extinction).

I have a few Teac FD-55FR 360k/720k drives with black bezels
asking 60$ (including shipping)

Back