• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTT: Sergey ISA SVGA for Comparable ISA Video Adapter

FWIW, if you have the 64K - 256K board it can be very easily rigged to be a 640K board. That might free up Slot 5.

Hi Stone!

I ran into that information while looking up the memory map information. I'd like to keep using the 1MB RAM Card because it should allow me to use free 64K blocks of high memory for loading TSRs into high RAM. I have one free 64K block at B0000 and I'm trying to free up another. :)

Thanks,

Heather

You can put 1 meg on the mother board and use some of the free upper memory for UMB.

...I don't have to mod my motherboard to get 640K...
Heather

This is true, but it's worthwhile. Especially if you take it up to 1 Meg.

It's not much of a mod -- one jumper on a pad that's already there and adding a chip to a socket that's, also, already there. Sounds to me like Big Blue was just beggin' ya' to do it to their board. :)

It certainly does sound like Big Blue wanted you to mod it if it's that easy! I just may have to try it. :)i

Heather

Sorry, I might over using the "multi-quote" button, but you really should check out this thread. It was started by me years ago and I was able to convince Chuck(G) into figuring out how to program a GAL to make the thing work. It works very well and it's extremely cool to be able to have memory available on the mother board for UMB on top of the 640K!! I can provide some slightly simplified instructions and the JEDEC file to program the GAL. Or if you don't have an eprom programmer capable of programming a GAL16V8, I can provide a programmed chip if you would like to try this clever mod.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check out the thread. I don't currently have a GAL capable programmer so I may take you up on your offer. :)

Heather

Back