• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Xbox and iPods...bleah!

Get him a GP2X! :)

It's an open source linux, mp3, divx and gaming handheld. Devkit can be downloaded for it and it already has many great emulators ported to it. It also has TV out.

THB said:
Get him a GP2X! :)

It's an open source linux, mp3, divx and gaming handheld. Devkit can be downloaded for it and it already has many great emulators ported to it. It also has TV out.

With all due respect, I would never recommend a GP2X to anyone unless they were entirely self sufficient and wanted the relative hassle of setting up the various emulation environments and getting ROMs. We have to sometimes take our needs and/or desires out of the equation and look at what the individual in question would really be most happy with. For most people, that's a commercially available system with games you can buy in the store.

I have to agree with Bill. Even though to me the GP is superior, I don't think that Roberto would appreciate having to reprogram it ever time he wanted to play a different game from a sega and then again something different. I'd love it, but that's me. Roberto is a plug'n'play type person that doesn't have that much patience with technical stuff. I call that kind of thing 'falling for the hype,' but he calls it 'being with the in-crowd.' I guess I'll be getting a 360 one of these days. I guess I'll end up inheriting the gamecube for developing.

Read more, reply more later, I'm in class.

Back