• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Xenix for Altos 586

rcamarda

By chance does anyone have a Xenix boot disk or software for the Altos 586? I am also looking for the Users, or the Xenix manual for the Altos.

Thanks for any help!

I may be able to get my hands on a copy of CCP/M-CDOS for the Altos 686, if my friend can find his. Would that be of any interest to you? (The 686 is a '286-powered machine, so it might not be usable on your 586).

--T

Last edited:
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply. I can try it. The hardware seems to be working fine after some work, but I need to get an operating system running to check it out completely.

Let me know if you do get ahold of a copy I could use.

Take care, and thanks again for the help!

When I first got my ol' 686, it came with Xenix installed, but while experimenting with the CCDOS (courtesy of the late, great Don Maslin, RIP), I managed to accidently wipe the Xenix partition and install the CDOS in it's place. When I had no more space to store it, after a move to a smaller space, I gave my 686 to my friend Mark. I'm hoping to make the trip out there to see him this weekend, (30 miles away) so I'll find out if he has the software somewhere handy.

--T

Last edited:
Thanks Terry, I appreciate you taking a look. If he does not have it, no worries, I'll keep looking!

(by the way is there something wrong with the time on here?)

Talk to you soon!

I had a problem with the time too, a few days ago, but with an assist from our illustrious pageowner, managed to straighten it out. You need to check your settings in User CP. Under 'Edit Options', scroll down to 'Time and Date Options', and be sure the timezone is set for your region, and also be sure that the 'DST Correction' drop-down is set for 'Automatic'.

--T

If anyone is seeking any software for the 486,586,686,886 please let me know.. I have images and can also make floppies for you.

Matt

Back