• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XTIDE Universal BIOS

I reseated the ICs and changed the address. The C800 address change did work and made me able to flash the EEPROM on the first try. Good call! D0000 still has the same issues,
Rhetorical question: So, is there something in your computer clashing/conflicting with the card when the card is set to D0000, or is there some kind of fault with your card that shows up when it is set to D0000 ?

Presumably, you do not have another computer to try the card in.

Another question: Where does the XT-CF-Lite EEPROM address end, so to speak? Ie. from which address can I assign other things (assuming I go with C800h as its starting point)?
A 28C64 is 8 KB sized.

C8000 setting: C8000 to C9FFF
D0000 setting: D0000 to D1FFF

No difference when it comes to occasional EDIT.COM hanging though.
Set 'full operating mode' yet ?

Rhetorical question: So, is there something in your computer clashing/conflicting with the card when the card is set to D0000, or is there some kind of fault with your card that shows up when it is set to D0000 ?
Good (rhetorical) question. I'm leaning towards explanation 2, as I cannot spot anything in CheckIt or Norton System Information that is taking up that address space.

A 28C64 is 8 KB sized.

C8000 setting: C8000 to C9FFF
D0000 setting: D0000 to D1FFF
Ah, I see. Thank you!

Set 'full operating mode' yet ?
Yup!

Here's an idea: for laptops that have no option for XT-IDE via (E)EPROM chips or a working floppy drive, how about a DOS driver such as XTIDE.SYS before the HIMEM and EMM386? I have a Zenith Data Systems Z-Note 325Lc that has a 2400 baud modem, but no 32-pin EPROMs and I don't know where my programmer is or the adapters at the moment and my floppy drive (XUBDisk and OptROMLoader) is a no-go due to floppy drives that refuse to boot from those diskettes all the way. I'd use a smaller hard drive, but, those have bad sectors across the platters.

Back